Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

proud of oneself and scornful of others; snobbish; arrogant; disdainful
provisional
incognito
haughty
articulate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

TOEFLŪ sample essay: Is money the most important aspect of a job?

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection
TOEFLŪ essay: Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express... | TOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachers
listening exercisestell a friend
TOEFL sample essay: Is money the most important aspect of a job? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 am   TOEFL sample essay: Is money the most important aspect of a job?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people have some sort of bias about money that everything in the life is related to the money. However, one who earns much money can live a better life materially, money is not everything in his life. There are number of things that impossible to buy with money. I disagree with the statement above mentioned and I will be given my reasons below.

Firstly, there are many reasons for taking a job, such as for professional respect, for career of a job, for some kind of social status and for money. Money is only one aspect for one to choose a job. Maybe it is a perfect choice for a person currenly living in misearable condition to choose a job because of generous pay that the employer offers. In this case, it seems that most important aspect of a job is money. But it is also possible that a person already rich even without a job chooses a job only to make himself happy. For him, maybe most important thing of a job is the contentment or the happiness he can get from that job.

Secondly, we know many scientists, such as Einshtein, Newton, Galilei, who spent their whole lives for inventing new things, for exploring new discoveries, and for innovating new technologies. Thanks their effort, their admirable exploration, today we live in highly developing technological sociaty. There is no one who disagrees that they did not do all the things for sake of money.

In conclusion, I think money cannot be most important thing in one’s life. There are many things in human’s life impossible to buy with money. For example, with money a person can buy houses, cars, but he can not buy family, one’s life, one’s soul or true love. So money is not everything and it can not be the most important aspect of a job.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (3)
Altaa_Aagii
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEFLŪ essay: Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express... | TOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachers
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
ToeflŪ essay sample: What do you want most in a friend?TOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to live in a small town, others prefer to live...ToeflŪ essay sample: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepareTOEFLŪ sample essay: People attend college or university for many different reasonTOEFLŪ essay: A gift (such as a camera, soccer ball or an animal ) can contributeTOEFLŪ essay sampleingTOEFLŪ Essay: Parents or Teachers are more important to children education?ToeflŪ sample essay: Competition and Cooperation in Economic MarketTOEFLŪ essay samples: We all work in our jobs with many different kind of peopleToeflŪ Essay: Haste makes wasteToeflŪ essay sample: Some people say that the Internet provides people with...TOEFLŪ essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?