end; deduction; cognition; final decision
readership
conclusion
colleague
vacation

meaning of "an experienced person"

meaning of expression "way before" | Idiom "used a four letter word"
meaning of "an experienced person" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:33 am   meaning of "an experienced person"

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", question 5

Mr. Taylor is a great mentor because he's really nice and an old hand at teaching. What is the meaning of 'an old hand?' .........

(a) an inexperienced person
(b) an experienced person
(c) a novice
(d) a positive person

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", answer 5

Mr. Taylor is a great mentor because he's really nice and an old hand at teaching. What is the meaning of 'an old hand?' an experienced person

Correct answer: (b) an experienced person
_________________________

meaning of "an experienced person"?

chaza
chaza

meaning of "an experienced person" #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:25 am   meaning of "an experienced person"

An experienced person is someone who has a considerable knowledge of a particular skill. In the sentence quoted it is a reference to teaching.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"..., can she?" vs "..., can't she?"meaning of desertWhat's the response to 'Can you expand on that?'use "be going to + verb"meaning of 'roots in the country'What's the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?phrasal verb breakmeaning of "transfer funds"'Absolutely perfect': Is it oral English or for emphasis?Why does the idiom 'no time to lose' not mean to 'procrastinate'?Explanation: I really must write that lettermeaning of interfacing, insertion, intercalationWhat are the meanings of these phrasal verbs with 'get'?