coming after all others; most recent; final; newest
unlimited
fraudulent
last
reliable

What does 'to confuse the issue' mean?

What does 'to make an issue' mean? | What does 'plaintiff' mean?
What does 'to confuse the issue' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 am   What does 'to confuse the issue' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #63 "Issues", question 3

As far as I'm concerned his explanation was useless as it merely ......... the issue.

(a) confused
(b) troubled
(c) disturbed
(d) upset

ESL/EFL Test #63 "Issues", answer 3

As far as I'm concerned his explanation was useless as it merely confused the issue.

Correct answer: (a) confused

As far as I'm concerned his explanation was useless as it merely disturbed the issue.
_________________________

It's not clear to me the meaning of the idiom "confuse the issue"? Please, could you make it more clear?

Yulja
Yulja

What does 'to confuse the issue' mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:02 am   What does 'to confuse the issue' mean?

To confuse the issue is to mix everything up.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
worst vs. worseUse the words Told and Tolledmeaning of "Tell off"thrashed vs. whippedblunder vs. stumbleWhat does 'break up on re-entry' to Earth mean?What does this idiom mean: 'out of your mind'? Does it mean 'unsure'?What is 'a slip of the tongue'? Is it an idiom?What does 'supreme court' mean?Besides vs. Besidechoose vs. choicemeaning of "threat" and "venture"What does this idiom mean: 'out on your ear'?