disorderly quarrel; tumult; riot; skirmish
mercenary
nostalgia
fracas
accolade

TOEFLŪ sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right

TOEFLŪ Study Partner... | Similarity of buildings throughout the world...
TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 am   TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right

Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right. Do you agree or disagree?

Animals include pets, wild animals, and so on. A long time ago people killed them and used their flesh (for food) without any restrictions. But doing the same things with pets and wild animals is not right nowadays. I do believe this opinion because of following reasons.

Firstly, to agree with eating wild animals' meat seems that we have accepted bad activities; it means that we are closing our eyes to damaging nature. As far as I know, many types of wild animals went extinct because of hunting. That is why we are not able to see them again nowadays. So protecting wild animals is our responsibility. This mission could not only conserve a plenty of the nature, but this might also be what we could do for the future, for our new generations. We should remember that the natural resource is limited and any animals have existed with their own true reasons. This is the balance of natural rule. So do not hunt any more animals, even though wild animals' meat is very delicious, it might bring a worse future to our posterity.

Secondly, in our current civilization, pets are subjects that should be protected as people recognize that pets also could be ones protected, even by law in some countries. It would be inhuman activities if we killed or ate our pets that we loved so much and were happy with. For example, when I was a child, I had a lovely dog. Actually, I was very interested in playing many games with him. Unfortunately, one day I found out that my dog had been stolen away. This event made my families feel sad for weeks, and worry about me because I had been sick and missed the dog.

Finally, in my opinion, killing animals and using their flesh is a bad judgment, except for animals that are grown up for meat only such as cows, pigs, sheep, and something like these so on.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of History (2)
Dragontv

essay #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 20:01 pm   essay

Animals includING pets, wild animals, and so on. A long time ago people killed them and used their flesh (for food) without any restrictions. But doing the same things with pets and wild animals is not right nowadays. I believe this opinion because of THE following reasons.

Firstly, to agree with eating wild animals' meat seems that we have accepted bad activities; it means that we are closing our eyes to damaging nature. As far as I know, many types of wild animals BECAME extinct because of hunting. That is why we are not able to see them again nowadays. So protecting wild animals is our responsibility. This mission could not only conserve plenty of nature, but this might also be what we could do for the future, for THE FOLLOWING generation. We should remember that natural resourceS ARE limited and any animals have existed with their own true reasons. This is the balance OF NATURE. So do not hunt any more animals, even though wild animals' meat is very delicious, it might bring a worse future to our posterity.

Secondly, in our current civilization, pets are subjects that should be protected as people recognize that pets also could be ones protected, even by law in some countries. It would be inhumanE TO KILL OR EAT our pets that we loved so much and were happy with. For example, when I was a child, I had a lovely dog. Actually, I was very interested in playing many games with him. Unfortunately, one day I found out that my dog had been stolen . This event made my familY feel sad for weeks, and worry about me because I had been sick and missed the dog.

Finally, in my opinion, killing animals and using their flesh is a bad judgment, except for animals that are REARED for meat only such as cows, pigs, sheep, and something like these so on.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:30 am   TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right

Thank Alan so much for correcting me.
Dragontv

TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not rig #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 16, 2009 18:32 pm   TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not rig

In today's world life has become so fast that we don't even care for other human beings who are of our own species.and expecting the today's generation to realize the pain of others is very difficult.when one human is killed by other its called murder because a person ends others life with his own will and with cruelty, latter that murderer is sentenced to a severe punishment for such a heinous crime.but when a person end a life of other species for their own selfish motives is that not wrong ??
today animals are being killed with so much brutality that anyone who once watch that killing won't be able to touch flesh again.animals can't show their pain,they cant describe their pain to us but can't we human feel it.when we get hurt we feel so much pain what about the sufferings of that poor animal who is being killed with such brutality.

no doubt early men used to have flesh of animals for their survival but now we have progressed so much that we could live on sole vegetation,we don't require flesh.
we have so much variety in vegetarian food as well. also animals form an important part of an ecosystem and if this balance of this ecosystem is not maintained then we might drag our own survival to death kennel.already many species had become extinct in past and many are on verge of it.
animals such as dogs ,cats has always proved to be the best friend of human.they have always been loyal to human.so i feel even we have some kind of duty towards them.

at last i would like to say that killing of animals is not right and we all should take steps towards the vegetarian diet and stop having flesh.
Littleangel8786

TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right #5 (permalink) Mon Oct 19, 2009 19:17 pm   TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right

please review my response as well... :D
Littleangel8786

TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right #6 (permalink) Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 am   TOEFL sample essay: Killing animals and using their flesh for food is not right

Goat ,sheep,hen,craps,snakes croackroaches...R we really Human being I doubt..I think in this 21st Century human being has become an animal cutting the word social.
Marriages in today's world means union of two souls by killing so many souls(animals).Just for your merriment so many animals are killed to serve you platter that people could enjoy.In my opnion Killing animals is an offensive thing either you eat it or you use it.Killing animals means harming the natural ecosystem( carnovorous,herbivorous).Killing animals means we are ourselves making the species extinct.After that showing in the books to our kids.
Finally,i would like to say Killing animals and using their flesh is not correct.
Musak2304

TOEFLŪ essay: A problem shared is a problem solved.Essay: is face-to-face communication better?Is progress always good?TOEFLŪ essay: Big cities or small towns. What do you prefer.Neighbors are the people who live near us.in your opinion what are the qualitiesTOEFLŪ essay: Learning about the past has no value for those of usIf your friend would like to move your place means, is she likes your city...TOEFLŪ essay: Should students be given several short vacations throughout the yearEssay: Important characteristics of a co-workerThe qualities of good friends.TOEFLŪ essay: Why do people attend college or university?Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the talking)Reasons why people work other than earning a living