Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

in opposition; against; counter
instead
behind
contrary
regardless
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"fill out" vs "fill up"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "lose face" mean? | meaning of lobby
listening exercisestell a friend
"fill out" vs "fill up" #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 14:13 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Money Matters (4)", question 2

If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you ......... the form indicating how much you have earned.

(a) fill up
(b) fill through
(c) fill out
(d) fill on

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Money Matters (4)", answer 2

If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you fill out the form indicating how much you have earned.

Correct answer: (c) fill out

Your answer was: incorrect
If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you fill up the form indicating how much you have earned.

One usually fills up a form....

please explain
Thanks....
Wlad
Wlad

"fill out" vs "fill up" #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 15:11 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

Hi Wlad

In American English, one usually 'fills out' a form. You can also say 'fill in'. As far as I know this is also true in British English.

Amy

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"fill out" vs "fill up" #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 16:03 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

i think we had a trail about that.. this might help... "Fill out" versus "Fill up"
Cornelius
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does "lose face" mean? | meaning of lobby
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of "stranded crew"meaning of 'shared power'meaning of Friarsanother term for savings account?Question tag: is she?'a problem as a challenge' vs. 'a problem it a challenge'How long to you think it wil take upon?meaning of "laugh off"mortgage vs borrowing'Sort of' vs 'Kind of'worst vs. worseUse the words Told and Tolledmeaning of "Tell off"