in opposition; against; counter
instead
behind
contrary
regardless

"fill out" vs "fill up"

What does "lose face" mean? | meaning of lobby
"fill out" vs "fill up" #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 14:13 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Money Matters (4)", question 2

If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you ......... the form indicating how much you have earned.

(a) fill up
(b) fill through
(c) fill out
(d) fill on

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Money Matters (4)", answer 2

If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you fill out the form indicating how much you have earned.

Correct answer: (c) fill out

If you are self-employed, you must make sure that you fill up the form indicating how much you have earned.
_________________________

One usually fills up a form....

please explain
Thanks....
Wlad
Wlad

"fill out" vs "fill up" #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 15:11 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

Hi Wlad

In American English, one usually 'fills out' a form. You can also say 'fill in'. As far as I know this is also true in British English.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"fill out" vs "fill up" #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 30, 2007 16:03 pm   "fill out" vs "fill up"

i think we had a trail about that.. this might help... "Fill out" versus "Fill up"
Cornelius

Location: Makati City, Philippines

meaning of "stranded crew"meaning of 'shared power'meaning of Friarsanother term for savings account?Question tag: is she?'a problem as a challenge' vs. 'a problem it a challenge'How long to you think it wil take upon?meaning of "laugh off"mortgage vs borrowing'Sort of' vs 'Kind of'worst vs. worseUse the words Told and Tolledmeaning of "Tell off"