flat
span
apartment
characteristic
sum

difference between "chief" and "boss"

Are you sure the main verb should be 'agree' and not 'argue'? | Was he wearing long hair?
difference between "chief" and "boss" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 31, 2007 15:36 pm   difference between "chief" and "boss"

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #8 "Admire his Achievement", question 10

Since he's now the chef of the company and has worked his way to the top from office junior, you have to admire his achievement.

(a) chef
(b) has worked
(c) admire
(d) achievement

ESL/EFL Test #8 "Admire his Achievement", answer 10

Since he's now the chief of the company and has worked his way to the top from office junior, you have to admire his achievement.

Correct entry: chief
The error was: (a) chef

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
Since he's now the boss of the company and has worked his way to the top from office junior, you have to admire his achievement.
_________________________

What's the differences about "chief" and "boss"?

Doris
Doris

difference between "chief" and "boss" #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 01, 2007 13:40 pm   difference between "chief" and "boss"

.
Here, there is no difference, Doris. Your answer was marked incorrect because you failed to distinguish that it is a spelling error-- 'chief' vs 'chef'.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
difference between "chief" and "boss" #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:53 am   difference between "chief" and "boss"

And why "from office junior" but not "from an office junior"?
_________________
:(... something we never have again, I know... I guess I really really know.. :(

Sorry seems to be the hardest word...
Nessie

difference between "chief" and "boss" #4 (permalink) Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:15 am   difference between "chief" and "boss"

.
Either is OK.

An office junior = a level
Office junior = a specific position 'title'
.
_________________

Expression 'Make their minds up'since vs whilewhat the elements involve in the study of organistional behaviour?"prints developed" vs "developed"meaning of 'Bring out'word Net Assets used in sentencesWhat part of speech is the word to?differences between "outskirts" and "suburb"Difference between to establish a constitution and enact a constitutionmeaning of joggingMeaning of "he radio play is on the air later tonight""looked at" vs "looked up to"The word 'moved' is wrong in this sentence unless you pick a different word...