Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to mirror; to send back energy from a surface; to cause to return; to express
idle
reflect
assign
construe
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
heart vs wrenching vs endured vs raced | Usage of 'look up from book'
listening exercisestell a friend
Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:28 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

Hi teachers,

Could you pleace explain the difference between "tens of thousand and ten of thousand"?

Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:40 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

Hi,

I would either say'tens of thousands' suggesting many, many thousands or 'ten thouisand' which would be 10,000.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #3 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 0:13 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

Definitely use the former (like the rock band of the same name); it implies some number between 20,000 and 99,999. The latter is not correct. :twisted:
Tensofthousands

heart vs wrenching vs endured vs raced | Usage of 'look up from book'
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Phrase 'Hi bro'. Does "bro" here stand for "brother"?the meaning of "Don't be cute"Usage of 'flick'what is 'Lit' here?Why no 'it' here? ("it" before/after the "is")Use of some idioms with "step in"What right positions should we put the adverbs in the sentence?Sentence: As you probably know the Tranquillity Party stands for peace...What is the plural of "next of kin"Usage of 'forget'Difference between depen(a)nt and depend(a)ntword choice - unproductive, non-productive and counter productive.Usage of beside / Next to