to mirror; to send back energy from a surface; to cause to return; to express
idle
reflect
assign
construe

Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

heart vs wrenching vs endured vs raced | Usage of 'look up from book'
Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:28 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

Hi teachers,

Could you pleace explain the difference between "tens of thousand and ten of thousand"?
_________________
If you want to change the world, be one of the change.
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:40 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

I would either say'tens of thousands' suggesting many, many thousands or 'ten thouisand' which would be 10,000.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand #3 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 0:13 am   Tens of thousand vs. Ten of thousand

Definitely use the former (like the rock band of the same name); it implies some number between 20,000 and 99,999. The latter is not correct. :twisted:
Tensofthousands

Phrase 'Hi bro'. Does "bro" here stand for "brother"?the meaning of "Don't be cute"Usage of 'flick'what is 'Lit' here?Why no 'it' here? ("it" before/after the "is")Use of some idioms with "step in"What right positions should we put the adverbs in the sentence?Sentence: As you probably know the Tranquillity Party stands for peace...What is the plural of "next of kin"Usage of 'forget'Difference between depen(a)nt and depend(a)ntword choice - unproductive, non-productive and counter productive.Usage of beside / Next to