continuing a long time; habitual; lingering; constant; lasting
predatory
apathetic
chronic
epicurean

TOEFLŪ essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to... | TOEFLŪ sample essay: What are the benefits of mobile phones?
TOEFL essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 05, 2007 13:07 pm   TOEFL essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

What are the characteristics of a good leader?

Leaders of the world and of any country particular plays most important role to achieve genuine happiness of its people. Good and capable leader leads its people and country to a peace and prosperity, while the cruel and incapable leader bring people to the world of sufferings and ultimately ruin country. Leader must not only be educated and experienced but it is important to be a compassionate and sensible to the problems faced by their people. Leaders of the government should win the trust of people by being strategically friendly avoiding any kind of provocation or war with neighboring countries and must also allow a degree of transparency in the day to day working and the governance of the country.

In my view most important character of a good leader is that they must be compassionate. No matter what credential they have and how much experience they have in administration but without being compassionate they can't ever become a responsible and successful leader. For example Hitler is known for his cruelty. He had no feelings for his own race. He failed to understand the feelings of Jews and thus persecuted them. He failed to know the fact the strength of his country lies in them, while opposite is the Mahatma Gandhi who followed nonviolent avoiding any bloodshed in the country during their struggle for Independence. Because of his compassionate nature many leaders in today's world has looked him upon. So leader must be compassionate first without being influence by any ulterior motive.

Secondly, with compassion, leader must be far-sighted and able administrator. He must be able to organize his government in a way that it would reach the grass root level. No section of the society should be left out. Policy or scheme initiated for the benefit of public must be implemented in such way that it should not get politicize and corrupt during the process of implementation. Administration should notice and reach the problems being faced by public and tackle it on time without unnecessary delay. And most important of all he must knows well about the interest of country in today's global world and able to create a conducive atmosphere to achieve lasting peace and prosperity in global village.

In nutshell, there are many other qualities that are required by a good leader. For example he must be peace lover, trustworthy, inspirational, diplomatic, etc. However the people of 21st century want a lasting peace to prevail on earth. But it depends upon the quality and character of the leader to achieve this. World is not in shortage of quantity but in quality of leader. May world will see more good leader and more peace lover.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university advisor
Dolma

essay #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 09, 2007 20:31 pm   essay

Leaders of the world and of any country particularLY play A most important role to achieve genuine happiness of its people.A Good and capable leader leads its people and country to peace and prosperity, while the cruel and incapable leader bringS people to the world of sufferings and ultimately ruinS THE country. A Leader must not only be educated and experienced but it is important to be compassionate and sensible to the problems faced by their people. Leaders of the government should win the trust of people by being strategically friendly avoiding any kind of provocation or war with neighboring countries and must also allow a degree of transparency in the day to day working and the governance of the country.

In my view THE most important character of a good leader is that they must be compassionate. No matter what credentialS they have and how much experience they have in administration but without being compassionate they can't ever become a responsible and successful leader. For example Hitler is known for his cruelty. He had no feelings for his own race. He failed to understand the feelings of Jews and thus persecuted them. He failed to know the fact the strength of his country lies in them, while opposite is the Mahatma Gandhi who followed nonviolenCE avoiding any bloodshed in the country during their struggle for Independence. Because of his compassionate nature many leaders in today's world haVE looked UP TO him . So A leader must be compassionate first without being influenceD by any ulterior motive.

Secondly, with compassion,A leader must be A far-sighted and able administrator. He must be able to organize his government in a way that it would reach grass root level. No section of society should be left out.A Policy or scheme initiated for the benefit of public must be implemented in such A way that it should not get POLITICAL and corrupt during the process of implementation. AN Administration should notice and reach the problems being faced by THE public and tackle it In time without unnecessary delay. And most important of all he must know well the interestS of THE country in today's global world and BE able to create a conducive atmosphere to achieve lasting peace and prosperity in THE global village.

In A nutshell, there are many other qualities that are required by a good leader. For example he must be A peace lover, trustworthy, inspirational, diplomatic, etc. However the people of THE 21st century want a lasting peace to prevail on earth. But it depends upon the quality and character of the leader to achieve this. THE World is not SHORT of quantity but OF quality of leaderS. May THE world see more good leaderS and more peace loverS.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good?TOEFLŪ essay samples: Traffic jams are now a major problem in most citiesTOEFLŪ essay: Universities should give the same amount of money to their studentsToeflŪ Essays: Parents ate the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many...ToeflŪ essay: Education is a lifelong task. Do you agree or disagree?TOEFLŪ essay: Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars...TOEFLŪ essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated)TOEFLŪ essay sample: All student should be required to study art and music...Are you able to use a spell checker? As a TOEFLŪ candidate you should be!TOEFLŪ essay samples: If you could travel back to some time and place in...TOEFLŪ essay: If you could change one important thing about your hometown...old TOEFLŪ score will be reflected along with the new TOEFLŪ scores