original pattern or model
sinecure
veneer
archetype
temerity

TOEFLŪ essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated)

TOEFLŪ essay sample: All student should be required to study art and music... | TOEFLŪ essay: Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars...
TOEFL essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated) #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:27 pm   TOEFL essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated)

My name is ahmksa. I live in Saudi Arabia, more specifically in the eastern region. I was born in 1979 in my lovely city, Alhasa and finished all my public learning their. Then, I took my bachelor degree from King Fahad Universities of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran with a computer science major. After my graduation from the university, I return to my hometown again and worked as an instructor in the college of technology for one year. After that, I joined the Arabian Oil Company in Dhahran. I have finished two years working on the company and started the third year before 4 months. My work environment language is English but I don't practice it too much specially in speaking because most of my colleagues in the work are Arab.

Why I am here now and what I want.
I have been selected by my company to take my master degree out of kingdom. For that reason, I am preparing to get approval from some universities which need either TOEFL or IELTS exam. I have searched through the Internet for books and exercises that help me to pass one of the exams with a good grade that qualify me to enter one of the good universities until I reach this fantastic forum.

I thought that the above two paragraphs needs a lot of correction and enhancement. So, Could you please help me guys in rewriting them with better and stronger English language.

ahmksa

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term
Ahmksa

ESSAY #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:06 pm   ESSAY

HI,

My name is ahmksa. I live in Saudi Arabia, more specifically in the eastern region. I was born in 1979 in my lovely city, Alhasa and finished all my public learning their. Then, I took my bachelor degree AT King Fahad Universities of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran with a computer science major. After my graduation from the university, I return to my hometown again and worked as an instructor in the college of technology for one year. After that, I joined the Arabian Oil Company in Dhahran. I SPENT two years working on the company and started the third year before months ago. My work environment language is English but I don't practice it too much specially in speaking because most of my colleagues in the work are ArabS.

Why I am here now and what I want.
I have been selected by my company to take my master degree ABROAD. For that reason, I am preparing to get approval from some universities which need either TOEFL or IELTS exam. I have searched through the Internet for books and exercises that help me to pass one of the exams with a good grade that WOULD qualify me to enter one of the good universities until I reach this fantastic forum.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated) #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 am   TOEFL essay: Introduction about myself (Your help will be appreciated)

Thanks a lot Alan.

What is the approximate grade will you give for this essay?
Ahmksa

TOEFLŪ essay: The study of history has value only to the extent that...TOEFLŪ essay samples: Our declining environment may bring the people of the worldTOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good?TOEFLŪ essay: A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory...TOEFLŪ essay samples: Traffic jams are now a major problem in most citiesTOEFLŪ essay: Universities should give the same amount of money to their studentsToeflŪ Essays: Parents ate the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many...ToeflŪ essay: Education is a lifelong task. Do you agree or disagree?TOEFLŪ sample essay: What are the benefits of mobile phones?TOEFLŪ essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?Are you able to use a spell checker? As a TOEFLŪ candidate you should be!TOEFLŪ essay sample: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to...