to bend; to turn sharply in a different direction
angle
release
foster
carry

hotel looks out vs. hotel looks at

meaning of Mortgage | meaning of honest person
hotel looks out vs. hotel looks at #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:40 pm   hotel looks out vs. hotel looks at

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", question 7

The view from the penthouse suite of the five star hotel ......... over the Pacific Ocean.

(a) looks for
(b) looks at
(c) looks out
(d) looks after

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", answer 7

The view from the penthouse suite of the five star hotel looks out over the Pacific Ocean.

Correct answer: (c) looks out

The view from the penthouse suite of the five star hotel looks at over the Pacific Ocean.
_________________________

Why isnt that the correct answer?

Micha
Micha

hotel looks out vs. hotel looks at #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:47 pm   hotel looks out vs. hotel looks at

There is a difference between 'look at and 'look out'. 'Look at' means simply see in front of you as in: Look at a newspaper/a picture'. 'Look out' is have a view over or on something as in: 'The window looks out over the town or on the river'.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of bulwarkdiffrence between 'deal with' and 'tacke with'public policy vs. public pollsmeaning of casketjump in the lake vs. jump in the fieldHow are compound words used?session vs. lecturetake part vs. take portionEnglish grammar: made vs. doWhat does 'come out with' mean? Is it a phrasal verb and an idiom?When are you convicted for treason?What does call in mean? It it a phrasal verb and an idiom?Idiom: to be along (to arrive)