dossier for storing papers; directory
exclusion
alert
folder
stress

take part vs. take portion

English grammar: made vs. do | session vs. lecture
take part vs. take portion #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 01, 2007 22:59 pm   take part vs. take portion

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #6 "At the Conference", question 2

Probably the most interesting meeting of the whole week was the one when everybody had the opportunity to take portion.

(a) Probably
(b) the whole
(c) had
(d) portion

ESL/EFL Test #6 "At the Conference", answer 2

Probably the most interesting meeting of the whole week was the one when everybody had the opportunity to take part.

Correct entry: part
The error was: (d) portion
_________________________

What is portion here?

Leonhard
Leonhard

take part vs. take portion #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 02, 2007 13:27 pm   take part vs. take portion

.
Wrong. Its space should be filled by 'part'.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Cockpit area of an airplaneWhat's the difference between 'out of hand' and 'out of order'?meaning of bulwarkdiffrence between 'deal with' and 'tacke with'public policy vs. public pollsmeaning of casketjump in the lake vs. jump in the fieldHow are compound words used?meaning of honest personhotel looks out vs. hotel looks atmeaning of MortgageWhat does 'come out with' mean? Is it a phrasal verb and an idiom?When are you convicted for treason?