to give a false idea of; to camouflage; to hide
expatiate
diversify
bereave
belie

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Television has destroyed communication among

TOEFLŪ essay samples: If you could change one important thing about your hometown | TOEFLŪ Essay: Luck and hard work
TOEFL essay sample: Television has destroyed communication among #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2007 14:15 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Television has destroyed communication among

Do you agree ot disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among
Friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your oppinion.

Nowadays, many people spend a lot of time watching TV. Undisputably, the television is an easy way for one person to communicate with other people. But the television has many negative effects on human’s mind.

One of the most important effect is that the television confuse the relationships between people in the real life. The television provides attractive programs and films which take over the mind of the viewers. Consequently, the people forget their mundane duties and the viewers start to think about problems of television actors.

I think that the television obsesses human mind. It’s very dangerous for relationships in the family and out of it. For example the parents must require information about their children, about the grades in the school and about health condition of the children and etc. If the parents spend their time watching TV they will unable to prevent some social deviations like smoking, drug using, drinking and all forms of aggression. The relationships between family members are really important for children development.

At the contrast, the television has many positive effects. It’s provide a lot of information at low price and at the other hand it’s easy way to learn many languages. I think that in small amount the TV may be usefull. In this case there is no danderous effects, conversely, the television will improve relationship between friends and parents because they will have more common subjects for discussion.

In conclusion, I think that whether the television destroys relationships or not, depend on the amount of time which is spend in watching television.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why doesn't the young man want to assume the family business?
Dwdimov

Location: Bulgaria, Ruse

TOEFLŪ essay samples: Neighbors are the people who live near usTOEFLŪ essay samples: Playing games teaches usTOEFLŪ essay samples: People do many different things to stay healthyTOEFLŪ essay: Some people believe that university students should be required...TOEFLŪ essay: Many people visit museums when they travel to new placesTOEFLŪ Essay: The qualities of a good bossTOEFLŪ essay samples: When people succeed, it’s because of hard workTOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to live in small town, others in a big cityTOEFLŪ essay samples: Good things come to those who waitTOEFLŪ Essay: Experience or BooksDoes anyone know? (recognizing the compare/contrast TOEFLŪ essay)TOEFLŪ Essay: There are times when lying is acceptableTOEFLŪ essay: Some universities require students to take classes in many subjects