Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to think over; to believe; to regard; to take into account
part
consider
research
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'whip' mean? | Travel vs. journey
listening exercisestell a friend
What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 12, 2007 22:17 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #73 "Synonyms for robber and thief", question 10

A ......... took Judith's suitcase while she was sleeping in the train.

(a) robber
(b) bandit
(c) thief
(d) burglar

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #73 "Synonyms for robber and thief", answer 10

A thief took Judith's suitcase while she was sleeping in the train.

Correct answer: (c) thief

the difference between rubber and thief
Maika

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 12, 2007 22:29 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

Have yourself a merry little reading:

Robber, thief and bandit?

Short explanation of the synonyms
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 12, 2007 22:34 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

A thief usually steals secretly and the victim usually becomes aware of the theft only after something has been stolen.

A robber is not only usually seen by the victim, but also often injures or threatens to injure the victim (or use some other type of force) during the robbery.

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #4 (permalink) Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:42 am   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

Dear Tearchers

can you explain the difference between "thief" and "burglar"?

Thank you
Thu

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 16:20 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

Hi teachers
also I want to ask the same question what is the different between "theif" and "burglar"?
thank you
Do
Do3a
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #6 (permalink) Wed Jun 24, 2009 17:51 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

A thief will usually strike at any time of the day, whereas a burglar prefers to work in the dead of night, whilst his victims are sound asleep.

Kitos.

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #7 (permalink) Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

Kitosdad wrote:
A thief will usually strike at any time of the day, whereas a burglar prefers to work in the dead of night, whilst his victims are sound asleep.

Kitos.

Please tell me the difference between sleep and asleep, and wake and awake.

Thanks!
Sonia*
I'm here quite often ;-)

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #8 (permalink) Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:53 am   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

sleep:
http://www.english-test.net/stories/69/index.html

'Awake' and 'asleep' are normally used as adjectives (though there are some exceptions in literature).
'Wake' and 'sleep' are verbs.
Language Coach

What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"? #9 (permalink) Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm   What's the difference between "thief" and "robber"?

Thank you, Beeesneees
Sonia*
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does 'whip' mean? | Travel vs. journey
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Inversion or possessiveWhat "cut to the chase" mean?can you explain me present perfect continious?What is a faux pas?What does every other day mean?I don't know my way around yet?numerous vs. manyA harsh regime?Shouldn't be "... in order to collect pollen"meaning of glimpse (glimpsing)Meaning of strayingWhat is the meaning of earningExpression "some money to go on holidays"