Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to foil; to thwart; to disappoint; to defeat; to baffle
alienate
mimic
frustrate
engender
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

TOEFL® essay samples: Hiring Employees

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
TOEFL® essay sample: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places | TOEFL® essay samples: Group Member or Leader
listening exercisestell a friend
TOEFL essay samples: Hiring Employees #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 21, 2007 19:44 pm   TOEFL essay samples: Hiring Employees

Hi Alan/Torsten,
Please review my essay.My test is due in two days.
Thanks a lot
-Tabby

Businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and details support to support your answer.

Nobody is perfect. But anybody can become better day by day. A sense of competition, curiosity and being acknowledged drives one to the path of perfection. All these traits in an employee may take him and his company to great heights. Businesses should recruit such employees and must be able to keep these assets alive. I disagree with the notion that employees should be recruited for their entire lives because, in my opinion, if a company hires an employee for his lifetime, his sense of competition, growth and ability to produce results would die gradually. And it would not prove beneficial for the businesses and the young talent as well.

Hiring an employee for life may end his attribute of being competitive at the workplace.
For instance, a youngster who joins a company as a fresher, tries to perform at his best during his probation period as he knows his job would be lost, if he doesn’t do better than others. This sense of competitiveness in his attitude makes him stay. On the other hand, an employee who knows his job is not probationary may lose his competitiveness slowly.

Desire to grow may die in an employee, if he keeps working in the same company throughout his life.His work would turn out be monotonous over a period of time. He may stop enjoying his work, if he doesn’t get the opportunity to learn new things.

Having an idea of working in the same business throughout one’s life, no matter how one performs, may prove a loss to the company and the employee both. If, an employee doesn’t have the fear of losing his job to someone more efficient, he will not be able to produce desired results.

Assume a company, where majority of the employees is old. Since, most of them were hired for their lifetime ,when the company had just started. The present picture of the company may give an idea to the consumers that it has lost its freshness and vigor. Also, making job positions permanent may end up possibilities of a company to hire fresh talent or other people of new skills and expertise, which may take the company to greater heights. Young minds may have to wait longer to get a suitable position for themselves because of occupancy on these positions for lifetime.

Thus, recruiting workmen for their entire lives may not be a beneficial policy for the company and the employee both.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one way that Internet Addiction Disorder affects sleep?
Tabby
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Hiring Employees #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 23, 2007 19:13 pm   Hiring Employees

Nobody is perfect. But anybody can become better day by day. A sense of competition, curiosity and being acknowledged drives one to the path of perfection. All these traits in an employee may take him and his company to great heights. Businesses should recruit such employees and must be able to keep these assets alive. I disagree with the notion that employees should be recruited for their entire lives because, in my opinion, if a company hires an employee for his lifetime, his sense of competition, growth and ability to produce results would die gradually. And it would not prove beneficial for the businesses and the young talent as well.

Hiring an employee for life may end his attribute/QUALITY of being competitive at the workplace.
For instance, a youngster who joins a company as a fresher, tries to perform at his best during his probation period as he knows his job would be lost, if he doesn’t do better than others. This sense of competitiveness in his attitude makes him stay. On the other hand, an employee who knows his job is not probationary may lose his competitiveness slowly.

Desire to grow may die in an employee, if he keeps working in the same company throughout his life.His work would turn out TO be monotonous over a period of time. He may stop enjoying his work, if he doesn’t get the opportunity to learn new things.

Having an idea of working in the same business throughout one’s life, no matter how one performs, may prove a loss to the company and the employee both. If, an employee doesn’t have the fear of losing his job to someone more efficient, he will not be able to produce desired results.

Assume a company, where THE majority of the employees ARE old. Since, most of them were hired for their lifetime ,when the company had just started. The present picture of the company may give an idea to the consumers that it has lost its freshness and vigor. Also, making job positions permanent may end possibilities of a company to hire fresh talent or other people of new skills and expertise, which may take the company to greater heights. Young minds may have to wait longer to get a suitable position for themselves because of THE occupancy on these LIFETIME positions
Thus, recruiting workmen for their entire lives may not be a beneficial policy BOTH for the company and the employee .

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL® essay sample: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places | TOEFL® essay samples: Group Member or Leader
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
TOEFL® Essay: Custom of the countryTOEFL® Essay: Change of the lifestyleTOEFL® essay: Working individually or working in groupsTOEFL® essay: Food has become easier to prepareTOEFL® essay: Universities should give the same amount of money to their studentsTOEFL® Essay: Generation XTOEFL® essay topic: Different friends or similar friends?TOEFL® essay sample: LaughterTOEFL® essay samples: In general people are living longer nowTOEFL® essay samples: A university plans to develop a new research center in...TOEFL® essay: Luck or hard workTOEFL® essay samples: History or mathematics?TOEFL® essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small town