cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; devastate; ravage; scourge
transpire
palpitate
wince
desolate

GREŽ General Test - how long to get results?

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
Weightage of GREŽ in admision process | GPA for admissions
GRE General Test - how long to get results? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 25, 2007 23:57 pm   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

Hi all,

I am going to do the GRE computer based general test in Germany on April 15th.

I would need the results by May 15th in order to meet the application deadline.

Is that realistic? Is there a summary of results without things that take longer to correct like analytical writing?

Thank you for all replies.

edit: I would also like to add that a copy of my results will be enough, I do not need to have the GRE results specifically sent to the university.
Cctv

GRE General Test - how long to get results? #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 27, 2007 17:50 pm   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

Hi CCTV,

Many thanks for joining our forum. I think it's quite realistic to obtain a copy or score roster of your GRE results. Where in Germany are you going to sit the exam?

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcement about new rail station

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
GRE General Test - how long to get results? #3 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 19:36 pm   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

Ok I took the test in Munich on April 25th 2007 and got the results on May 27th 2007.

I got 800 (94%) Quantitative and 710 (97%) in the Verbal Section, but only 4.5 (52%) for Analytical Writing.

People here seem to mainly compare the sum of the quantitative and verbal section, so how important is the analytical writing score in general?

And more specifically, if somebody knows, for finance PhD programs?
Cctv

GRE General Test - how long to get results? #4 (permalink) Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:55 am   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

I think that GRE is only a part of graduate admission.
And, importance of GRE-score, especially writing score, differs from major to major.
_________________
VERITAS LUXMEA !!
Gq5974

Location: Seoul, South Korea

GRE General Test - how long to get results? #5 (permalink) Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 am   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

I actually took my gre a month before my admissions interview and I got my scores just in time. I may have gotten lucky though so you never know....
Bill684

GRE General Test - how long to get results? #6 (permalink) Wed Jul 18, 2007 20:51 pm   GRE General Test - how long to get results?

Hi there and guten tag!

gq5974 is right; whether or not the analytical writing is important it depends on the major but you should also know that this writing section was originally created specifically for the purpose of checking the standard of English 2nd language students. 4.5 I think is pretty good since you are an English 2nd language person (am I right?); anyways, your verbal score is phenomenal - any tips? I'm taking my exam next Friday and need a 700 verbal - so I think that would definitely bolster your application and perhaps offset the writing score a little too! Congrats!

Oh, and for the financing, you may want to check out Princeton/Kaplan services for this very purpose - you pay them a little money and they do the research for you!
Dakini

Location: Los Angeles, California

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
GREŽ Score and ScholarshipGREŽ versus other qualifiersverbal practice: suggestionsGREŽ Essay ..need to be analyzed...Pactice CAT tests on 800 score.com - any good?GREŽ Practice TestGPA requirement: I have a CGPA of 7.65/10.00 -- is this good enough?Comparing ETS questions with Kaplan QuestionsTake GREŽ again or apply with old score?help with GREŽ combination score?English used in GREŽ essaysNeed help with preparing for the GREŽ quant sectionlooking for GREŽ chemistry prepration material