coming after all others; most recent; final; newest
unlimited
fraudulent
last
reliable

what is the meaning of peak?

meaning of the expression "long live the underworld" | Why is "clock didn't go off"?
what is the meaning of peak? #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:58 pm   what is the meaning of peak?

ESL/EFL Test #243 "Confusing Words test (16)", question 1

A-frame houses are great. I love the ......... at the front of the house and the vaulted ceilings on the inside.

(a) peek
(b) peak
(c) pique

ESL/EFL Test #243 "Confusing Words test (16)", answer 1

A-frame houses are great. I love the peak at the front of the house and the vaulted ceilings on the inside.

Correct answer: (b) peak
_________________________

what is the meaning of peak?

Marina
Marina

Meaning of peak #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 27, 2007 21:03 pm   Meaning of peak

Hi Marina,
The meaning of 'peak' is: a pointed end or: the top of a hill, mountain, house or other structure that ends in a point.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
make an effort vs. make a startdinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmasmeaning of daftIdiom: "got fed up to the back teeth with"What does the stomach really mean in this one?What does it mean to 'extend one's house'?What's the meaning of the word "oar"?What's the difference between actually and certainly?What does "cache" mean?What does "synthetic lease" mean?What does "leaving a message" mean?What's the difference between 'during' and 'for'?What does 'keep your wig on' mean?