opposed; contrary
extraneous
antithetical
compatible
disparate

TOEFL® Essay: Some important characteristics of a co-worker

TOEFL® essay: Should teachers be free to present controversial view and theories | TOEFL® Essay: Attention to the celebrities
TOEFL Essay: Some important characteristics of a co-worker #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:13 am   TOEFL Essay: Some important characteristics of a co-worker

Privet!
Question:
We all work or will work in jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are important.
Answer:
Our job is the second home and our co-workers are the second family. Since we spend much time in their society we need in good co-workers and the qualities like accuracy, helpfulness to others and cheerfulness become very important.

Up to the ancient saying the accuracy was kings’ courtesy. But it’s right not only for kings but for any people. If your work depends on the work of someone the all of a sudden violation of his schedule will be awful for you. You won’t make your own task on time and chief will be dissatisfied, so the inaccurate colleague could be a real punishment.

Another important quality is the helpfulness to others. I enjoy when the young employees call on their older and more skillful co-workers and receive a complete answer on the questions. I guess it’s a matter-of-fact situation but sometimes it’s out of the question to talk the problem over with someone because of his selfishness. In any case you must now the limits because if it’s possible to find information in a book you don’t have to disturb another employee.

And the last important property, which I want to describe, is cheerfulness. There are hard minutes when you think that your overall project will crash but a cheerful and self-confident person could maintain and approve you. The sense of humor, which such people have had, could help to increase the mood of the all remaining stuff. It doesn’t mean that cheerful co-worker has to laugh all day long but the successful joke might be very encouraging.

During all my life I have met with different co-workers and if they were good my spirits was all right and I went on the job with pleasure.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a dorm mother and a resident
Konstantin

Location: Saratov, Russia

TOEFL Essay: Some important characteristics of a co-worker #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 01, 2007 20:18 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some important characteristics of a co-worker

Hi Konstantin,

I don't want to get involved in answers based on recordings. I want only to look at written texts.

Our job is LIIKE A second home and our co-workers are IN A WAY A second family. Since we spend A LOT OF time in their society we need good co-workers and qualities like accuracy, helpfulness to others and cheerfulness become very important.

ACCORDING TO the ancient saying accuracy was A king'S courtesy. But it’s right not only for kings but for anyBODY. If your work depends on the work of someone ELSE the sudden DISRUPTION of his schedule will be awful for you. You won’t COMPLETE your own task on time and THE chief/BOSS will be dissatisfied, so AN inaccurate colleague could be a real punishment.

Another important quality is helpfulness to others. I enjoy IT when young employees call on their older and more skillful co-workers and receive a complete answer TO THEIR questions. I guess it’s a matter-of-fact situation but sometimes it’s out of the question to talk the problem over with someone because of his selfishness. In any case you must KNOW the limits because if it’s possible to find information in a book you don’t have to disturb another employee.

And the last important QUALITY which I want to describe, is cheerfulness. There are hard minutes when you think that your overall project will crash but a cheerful and self-confident person could maintain and approve ??? you. A sense of humor, which such people have had, could help to increase the mood of the all remaining stuff. It doesn’t mean that A cheerful co-worker has to laugh all day long but the successful joke might be very encouraging.

During all my life I have met with different co-workers and if they were good my spirits wERE all right and I CONTINUED WITH MY job with pleasure.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL® essay: At what age should a person be considered an adult?TOEFL® essay: When I was a child, my grandmother usually told me many stories...TOEFL® essay: I know every person is scared of somethingTOEFL® Essay: Most important room in a houseTOEFL® Essay: Beneficial discovery in the last 100 yearsTOEFL® essay: Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child'sTOEFL® essay: a custom from your country that you would like people to adoptTOEFL® essay samples: You have received a gift of money. What would you buy?TOEFL® Intergated writing : Topic_2Can I ready for TOEFL® via Books without going to English class?TOEFL® essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than...TOEFL® essay: The media pay too much attention on reporting personal life of...TOEFL® Essay: Speech