anesthetized; lacking sensitivity (to pain); in shock; senseless
rank
number
artificial
modest

Meaning of 'as it turned out'

Chris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus. | the system encompassing this type of government is called shared powers
Meaning of 'as it turned out' #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2004 14:27 pm   Meaning of 'as it turned out'

Test No. incompl/inter-37 "Eating Disorder", question 8

As it turned out these were not sausages but in fact very big carrots and the photographer had to pay enormous ..........

(a) harms
(b) hurts
(c) damages
(d) injuries

Test No. incompl/inter-37 "Eating Disorder", answer 8

As it turned out these were not sausages but in fact very big carrots and the photographer had to pay enormous damages.

Correct answer: (c) damages

Hello! Help me please. I met these words: as it turned out....... Tell me what does it mean?
Thank you for your help
Terminator :evil:
Terminator

As it turned out... #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2004 16:23 pm   As it turned out...

Hi Terminator, 'as it turned out' is a very handy phrase can mean 'as was established later' or 'as I found out later' or in Alan's test: 'As the public found out later'.
Let's see what Alan says...

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the kindergarten

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Turned out #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2004 18:51 pm   Turned out

Hi Terminator,

Just to add to what Torsten has already explained: 'turn out' refers to something happening in the end and usually differently from what you expect. Imagine that you have been invited to a party and you don't really want to go because you think it will be boring but when you go you find it's is not what you expect. If you put that in a sentence, it could be: I didn't want to go that party at all but as it turned out I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

_________________

Turned out #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2004 20:25 pm   Turned out

Hi Alan and Torsten, thank you very much for your very interesting and very very fast answers.
Terminator :evil:
Terminator

Meaning of 'as it turned out' #5 (permalink) Sat May 31, 2008 6:47 am   Meaning of 'as it turned out'

I didn`t understand whe we cannot use harm??? It is the synonym of damage isn`t it???
Zarinamo

Meaning of 'as it turned out' #6 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:27 pm   Meaning of 'as it turned out'

why ,,had to pay enormous damages'' is correct? and what does it mean?

Meaning of 'as it turned out' #7 (permalink) Thu Dec 27, 2012 21:19 pm   Meaning of 'as it turned out'

"Had to pay enormous damages" means that the journalists had mistakenly accused him of eating meat and therefore were obliged to pay back a large amount of money to satisfy his insulted conscience.
Chipmunk

What are liberal parties?Test incompl/elem-293, User's Answer 2This is known as separation of powerHe is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.Can you give me a little more information about the house?Mitchell is a police officer.Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.he was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownWhat animal is a tortoise?Anger is more meaningful than rage.immanent vs illicit