real; genuine; trustworthy; reliable
venerable
bucolic
authentic
curt

TOEFL® essay topic: Parents are the best teacher

Observing or studying animals a lot can teach about human nature? | What the pattern of the TOEFL® integrated writing task should be?
TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 13, 2007 14:20 pm   TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher

Do you know what the word “teacher” means ? Based on the Cambridge advanced learner’s dictionary, teacher is the one whose job is to teach in a school or college. In my point of view, that definition is only one side of this word. A teacher can be anyone who gave you knowledge, experience and good advices. Therefore, if you wonder who is our best teacher, I will have no hesitation to say those are our parents who taught us the first lessons and many things in our life in the best way.

First of all, parents are the best teacher who taught us the first lessons when we were children. What are the first lessons? Those are the lesson how to crawl, how to stand, how to speak or how to walk which are the most important lessons in our whole life. Therefore, you have to agree that , with their love and caring, no one in the world can be the best teacher as our parents. When you were only a child, the ones who were always by your side, talked to you with all the sweatest words and the ones who were so happy to burst into tear when you spoke the first word “papa” or “mama” , they are your parents. Day by day, your parents were the leaders and also the instructors for your fist steps into the outside world. Therefore, you have to agree that , with their love and caring, no one in the world can be the best teacher for all the first lessons as our parents.

Furthermore, our parents are also the best teacher to teach us many things in our life with the most efficient way. At school or university, we were given many knowledge in many subjects, such as maths, literature, geology or even ethics lessons which taught you what you should do and what you mustn’t do. But all of these were only what you heard in theories. As a research pointed out, people remember 90% of what they do, 75% of what they see and 20% of what they hear. Therefore, a child will be easy to learn about the respect the old if he see his parents always express their admiration to his grandmother or even an old woman in the street. Also, a moral lesson can’t teach him about kindness better than his own parents who always helped others when they were in trouble. In an automatic way, parents become the teachers who we can learn about many things in life with the best reality, their actions become the model for all of us to follow.

In general, the teachers in school or university give us knowledge in many fields. But the best teacher that we have are our parents who taught you from the first lesson when you are child to many things in your life with all their love and caring. You should be set great store by all of those lessons which will be with you in your whole life.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Charles Darwin?
Alex Anna

TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:25 pm   TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher

Do you know what the word “teacher” means ? Based on the Cambridge advanced learner’s dictionary, teacher is the one whose job is to teach in a school or college. FROM my point of view, that definition is only one side of this word. A teacher can be anyone who gave you knowledge, experience and good advice. Therefore, if you wonder who is our best teacher, I will have no hesitation IN sayING those are our parents who taught us the first lessons and many things in our life in the best way.

First of all, parents are the best teacher who taught us the first lessons when we were children. What are the first lessons? Those are the lessonS ON how to crawl, how to stand, how to speak or how to walk which are the most important lessons in our whole life. Therefore, you have to agree that , with their love and caring, no one in the world can be the best teacher BUT our parents. When you were only a child, the ones who were always by your side, talked to you with all the sweEtest words and the ones who were so happy to burst into tearS when you spoke the first word “papa” or “mama” , they are your parents. Day by day, your parents were the leaders and also the instructors for your fist steps into the outside world. Therefore, you have to agree that , with their love and caring, no one in the world can be the best teacher for all the first lessons BUT our parents.

Furthermore, our parents are also the best teacher to teach us many things in our life IN the most efficient way. At school or university, we were given A LOT OF knowledge in many subjects, such as maths, literature, geology or even ethics lessons which taught you what you should do and what you mustn’t do. But all of these were only what you heard in theories. As a research pointed out, people remember 90% of what they do, 75% of what they see and 20% of what they hear. Therefore, a child will be READY to learn about respectING the old if he seeS his parents always express their admiration FOR his grandmother or even an old woman in the street. Also, a moral lesson can’t teach him about kindness better than his own parents who always helped others when they were in trouble. In an automatic way, parents become the teachers who we can learn about many things in life with the best reality, their actions become the model for all of us to follow.

In general, the teachers in school or university give us knowledge in many fields. But the best teacher that we have are our parents who taught you from the first lesson when you WERE A child many things in your life with all their love and caring. You should be set great store by all of those lessons which will be with you in your whole life.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
" is the parents are the best teacher? " #3 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 22:51 pm   " is the parents are the best teacher? "

it's hard to desied if parents are the best teacher or not,but it depend on many
factors that face our parents in their daily life.
However, some parents have a significent effect on their children life because everythings begins in their early raise up.
For example,If yhe parens teach their kids the basic ruels of live, telling the true no matter what , being honest and among all that they'll normally behavior great.

On the other hand, ther are different kind of parents , that don't involve in
their children privet life or their school score or they almost don't have any communications of what happen in their life.

recent studiec indicated that 70% from student thought that there parents are the best teacher that they can ever have because the student getting all the supporting and encouragement from their whole family.

For instance we deail more with our parents then our teacher in school and we can interaction with our parents , because we know them from the first time that we open our eye in this world.

So as I say before it depend on many factors to the parents become the best teacher . For me , my parents are the best teacher that i have ever had.
Naima1990

TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher #4 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 22:52 pm   TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher

what score you'll give me ??????????
Naima1990

TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher #5 (permalink) Sat May 30, 2009 16:19 pm   TOEFL essay topic: Parents are the best teacher

Hard to say, because we are also wondering what we could get for our essays but in my opinion for this you can not expect decent score. Probably no more than 10 points
DraganNYC

TOEFL® essay: In William Shakespeares play Macbeth, Macbeth is seen as a brave...TOEFL® essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weatherLooking for a TOEFL® study partner @ New YorkTOEFL® Essay the cars had a greater effect on the society than the airplaneTOEFL® speaking- Independent tasks- Euthanasia?TOEFL® essay: Effects of overpopulation in developing countriesTOEFL® essay challengeIntroduction: I’m Hema. I studied in St.Joseph’s Convent and my college in...TOEFL® essay: Not everything that is learned is contained in booksMany people believe that television programs are of no value for childrenTOEFL® essay: In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor?TOEFL® essay examples: People do many different things to stay healthy.My home - ENGLAND.