pertaining to the sale of goods to final consumers; of the sale of merchandise to end users
retail
horrible
blanket
sophisticated

what does incessant mean?

what does granting mean? | Why can't write a SOME order?
what does incessant mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 18:44 pm   what does incessant mean?

ESL/EFL Test #90 "High School Vocabulary", question 2

The sound of the waterfall goes on all day and night and in the end the ......... noise gets on your nerves.

(a) interrupting
(b) inciting
(c) invading
(d) incessant

ESL/EFL Test #90 "High School Vocabulary", answer 2

The sound of the waterfall goes on all day and night and in the end the incessant noise gets on your nerves.

Correct answer: (d) incessant
_________________________

what does incessant mean?

Diodora
Diodora

what does incessant mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 22:53 pm   what does incessant mean?

Incessant means 'unceasing' or 'continuous', most often in a negative sense.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do youa master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?have vs. willWhat is the difference between facilitate and facility?What does garbled mean?Meaning of "ivory towers"meaning of near bonesome cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffeewhat is the first person object pronoun?checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotelThis room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mineWhat does session mean?what is the meaning of haul?