moving back and forth; influence; control; authority
pass
category
principle
sway

How to use "speaking of which"?

Confusing between [I have been] and [I have gone]? | plural or singular? Are vs. Is
How to use "speaking of which"? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:52 am   How to use "speaking of which"?

Hi everyone!

This is my second post of today! So..please pardon me for my over-curiosity about English.. :lol:

Might I ask for 1) the meaning of "speaking of which? , and 2) in what context/situation it can be used? (a sentence example will be very much appreciated)

Thank you very much (:
Bangkeaw

Location: BKK Thailand

How to use "speaking of which"? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:27 pm   How to use "speaking of which"?

'Speaking of which' can be used to refer to something that has just been said. Other similar phrases are: by the way, incidentally, apropos, with regard to...:

I won't be home when you get in from school tonight. Speaking of which, don't forget your keys.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
How to use "speaking of which"? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 20, 2007 13:26 pm   How to use "speaking of which"?

Thank you very much Conchita! Your answer was very clear... crystal!!! :D
Bangkeaw

Location: BKK Thailand

What do "DSG" and "IPFR" have in common?What does "dead dropped" mean in this context?Help For The Poem...The meaning of "what's news"?Words used for some smart, stylish object: Chic, nifty, etcPhrase: In its deep gloomA noun needed for small objects (of value):Anyone familar with the expression "stall torque"?Expression: Chinese mandarinExpression: several times overUse of often in interrogative sentencesWhat would be the best answer to this question?An unusual sentence