to intend; to plan; to design; to aim
narrow
apparel
purpose
abide

One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

What does 'who seemed to take delight in being as cruel as possible' mean? | Is it ok: "what did he wear?"
One paragraph about my favorite TV programme #1 (permalink) Tue May 01, 2007 17:03 pm   One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

Hi,guys

Please check out the paragraph below about my favorite TV programme. Thanks in advance.

My favorite television programme is 'Da Ie Drama', which is hosted by the biggest charity organization of Taiwan. In that program,it shows that how some kind people help others who need help and they share money,food etc. those they own to persons who they don't know. I would like to watch it when my mood is not calmness. . After watching it, I find that many people are so glad to help impoverished people without asking any kinds of rewards. I feel dissolved. I would think I am so lucky that I don't need to worry about trivials things happened in my life. Moreover, I would cherish what I have now much easier. That's why I like to watch the television programme.

Here,I have some questions.

1.I would like to watch it when my mood is not calmness.

May I say 'my mood is not calmness' to describe somebody's emotion?

2.After watching it, I find that many people are so glad to help impoverished people without asking any kinds of rewards.

Here,may I say 'impoverished' ,instead of 'poor' and 'rewards' for this case?

3.I feel dissolved

Again,may I say 'dissolved' to describe somebody's emotion?

Please correct my mistakes if possible.

Maggie 8)
_________________
In my view,the more mistakes someone else corrects me,the more I could learn.
And welcome to my blog: http://0rz.tw/793HL
Maggie

Location: Taiwan

One paragraph about my favorite TV programme #2 (permalink) Wed May 02, 2007 22:24 pm   One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

hi,
At first I have to say I'm not a native speaker. I can only have some suggestions :-)

My favorite television programme is 'Da Ie Drama', which is hosted by the biggest charity organization of Taiwan. In that program,it IS SHOWN (passive voice) how some kind people help the others who need support and they share money,food etc. those they own to persons who they don't know. (in this moment I'm a bit confused)[u] I like watching it (like+ 'ing' for hobbies) when I'm not in the best mood and I need calm. [u]It made me realize that many people are glad to help the poor (as a group of people) without asking for any kind of reward.I feel dissolved (what do you meen by usin this word?). I think (you think now not in the future) I am so lucky because I don't need to worry about trivial things which happen in my life. Moreover, I cherish (everyday, right?) what I have now much easier. That's why I like watching (like +'ing") this television programme.
Hopeless_Girl

Location: Poland

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
One paragraph about my favorite TV programme #3 (permalink) Thu May 03, 2007 3:09 am   One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

Hi,hopeless_girl

First of all , I appreciate your considerations very much. Here,I have some questions to discuss with you.

1.I like watching it (like+ 'ing' for hobbies)
I have searched this term in Google. And I have found out 'I like to watch TV'. So I think maybe I could say 'I like to TV'. I just know I should say 'I enjoy watching TV'. We need to add 'ving' after some verbs,such as enjoy and so on. However, I have never heard (like + 'ing' for hobbies). In my opinion,native people can know what they usually say. So I hope any native people can tell easier if I can say 'I like to watch TV'.

2.I feel dissolved.

Here,I meant I can see some some frames that shown some poor people are very pity. For example,some people were sick, but their family didn't have money. So doctors didn't want to take care of them. This kind of frame would le me dissolved in. I am not sure if you know the term 'disslove' means to suddenly start to cry or laugh(find it in cambridge online dictionary). Have you maken sense now?

3.There are two sentences below I don't understand what do you actually mean?

I think (you think now not in the future) I am so lucky because I don't need to worry about trivial things which happen in my life.

Moreover, I cherish (everyday, right?) what I have now much easier.

What do you mean about the terms included in the parentheses?

See you soon.

Maggie^^
_________________
Maggie

Location: Taiwan

One paragraph about my favorite TV programme #4 (permalink) Thu May 03, 2007 18:52 pm   One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

hi Maggie
http://www.uazone.org/friends/esl4rus/ingform.html
pay attention to :

9. Like and would like

When the verb like means enjoy, itís followed by the -ing form. However, the expression would like (want to) is followed by the infinitive.

I like going abroad on marketing trips. (I enjoy this.)
I would like to go more often.(I want to go more often.)

"Like" in your case means that it is pleasure for you to watch TV? Watching TV in this sense refers also to routine so the best tense which expresses it is the simple present.

2.I feel dissolved.

The only one expression which I know and which is similar:
dissolve into tears - idiom, and means to start cry suddenly, and dissolve in this case is also a verb which can't be changed into adjective

"I think" means "In my opinion" and has no future reference, what is more, "opinion" as such refers to present

"I would do sth" has future reference with a slightly hypothetical meaning

And to me "cherish" sounds strange in this place, maybe appreciate is more appropriate?

Do usłyszenia :-) (see you)
Hopeless_Girl

Location: Poland

hurt vs. achesWays of asking "how are you?"Hi, Can you give me a ride?A simple clue to teach the difference between the Present Perfect and Perfect ConWhere from can I download any ESL flash games as a teaching materials?Tail question: I think he is a student, ...?what is the difference: I tried pushing the car vs. I tried to push the carsome questions about 'Big Brother'Expression: ten-hut!Conditionals: "risk" or "will risk""to meet" vs "a meeting"meaning of "scramble fast"Sentence: David's and my car is in the shop