cost; price; payment
expense
compliment
pioneer
issue

difference between transform and change

Mean business | She loves vs. She love
difference between transform and change #1 (permalink) Thu May 03, 2007 20:53 pm   difference between transform and change

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #106 "Synonyms for change and shift", question 9

This was the worst experience in her life and no surprisingly it had ......... her completely.

(a) varied
(b) transformed
(c) shifted
(d) exchanged

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #106 "Synonyms for change and shift", answer 9

This was the worst experience in her life and no surprisingly it had transformed her completely.

Correct answer: (b) transformed

_________________________

what ist the difference between transform and change?

Dimitro
Dimitro

difference between transform and change #2 (permalink) Thu May 03, 2007 21:25 pm   difference between transform and change

These old threads might shed some light:

adjust/adapt, transform, change

transform vs change

modify vs transform

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
difference between transform and change #3 (permalink) Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 am   difference between transform and change

oh my gosh, I've a big question, what is the correct answer, because here in the explanation the correct answer is transform, and in the score I've have wrong the answer and I've chose the same, but it's says that the correct answer is shift!!!

Please help!! I don't get it!!!
Paulina1000

difference between transform and change #4 (permalink) Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 am   difference between transform and change

You are mistaken,Paulina.
In the answer and in this explanation, it indicates that the correct answer is 'transformed'.
_________________

Mean business | She loves vs. She love
Who was Jack o'Lanterns?wind directionnewspaper circulationmany hands make light workhave they?Rednecks are farmers in the US, right?what does "rock and roll" mean?got her feathers in a bunchTurn on vs Switch onplaying with a full deck of cardsGet lost!bring out in peoplethe world is slowly becoming hotter