Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to give one thing in return for another; to replace one thing with another; to trade; to barter
exchange
mobilize
trust
instance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

IELTS Speaking Band 9

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about?
classified: Do you know what E.O.12958 is? | Business English
listening exercisestell a friend
IELTS Speaking Band 9 #1 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2007 18:49 pm   IELTS Speaking Band 9

Hi,

Quote:
Band 9

Fluency and coherence:

* speaks fluently with only rare repetition or self-correction; any hesitation is content-related rather than to find words or grammar

* speaks coherently with fully appropriate cohesive features

* develops topics fully and appropriately

Lexical resource:

* uses vocabulary with full flexibility and precision in all topics

* uses idiomatic language naturally and accurately

Grammatical range and accuracy:

* uses a full range of structures naturally and appropriately

* produces consistently accurate structures apart from 'slips' characteristic of native speaker speech

Are there many ESL students who meet the above criteria?

EU
Englishuser
I'm here quite often ;-)

IELTS Speaking Band 9 #2 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2007 19:45 pm   IELTS Speaking Band 9

I wonder if even the average native person in the street has the ability to use the language in such a perfect manner!
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
IELTS Speaking Band 9 #3 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2007 20:29 pm   IELTS Speaking Band 9

Hi Englishuser,
I think we can't call someone with that much of English "STUDENT", or if we can, I think we can't name a lot of teachers of English as "TEACHER".
Love from Turkey,
Aydın
Aydincelenk
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

IELTS Speaking Band 9 #4 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2007 20:43 pm   IELTS Speaking Band 9

Hi Conchita and Aydin,

Conchita:

Quote:
I wonder if even the average native person in the street has the ability to use the language in such a perfect manner!

That, Conchita, is a very good question indeed. Let's see what our native speaker forum members think.

Aydin:

Yes, do you need to study the language if you are that proficient in the language? I suppose most English teachers would get Band Scores of 9 on the IELTS.

EU
Englishuser
I'm here quite often ;-)

IELTS Speaking Band 9 #5 (permalink) Mon May 07, 2007 9:05 am   IELTS Speaking Band 9

Cor, well, yeah, my my, take yer point, Conchita!

Al
Co-founder
Alan Townend

IELTS Speaking Band 9 #6 (permalink) Tue May 08, 2007 12:38 pm   IELTS Speaking Band 9

BTW, today I did a grammar test in my own language and I made 94% out of 130. (And one foreigner made 101%). :oops: :oops: :oops: I became very embarrased...
(I didnt pay due heed to the test and made it very fast without much thinking - very impetuous of me)
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

classified: Do you know what E.O.12958 is? | Business English
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
How should Prince Charles's wife be styled?Tony Blair's resignationWhat sites do you use for learning English?10 new topics added to Learning Vocabulary Can be Funwhat is the feature of rightward leaning political view?How often do you eat in a restaurant?Have you heard the great baseball player, Wang, Chien-Ming , who comes from TaiwaFor worrywarts, only!Has anyone ever tried Webtrain?give me your opinoin?Do you want to have a free holiday in Turkey by exchanging culture?Have you ever been reminded of many things that happened before by old songs?Who is behind the computer? *User's pic*