Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cut; to cut down; to cut into pieces; to mince
chop
kit
transfer
advise
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Question: How's work? | HAS or HAVE
listening exercisestell a friend
which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #1 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2007 9:50 am   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

i would like to know the difference between these words and if they are correct or not:

angry at / angry with s.o

to complain of / to complain about s.th

disappointed by / disappointed with s.th

to sacrifice to someone or for someone

I would like that you help me by inserting them into sentences.

thank you
Assile
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #2 (permalink) Sat May 12, 2007 1:50 am   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

These optional prepositions are difficult to explain in total-- some can be used interchangeably and others are distinguished by collocation. Here are some typical uses:

I got angry with/at my wife for burning the roast.

He complained of indigestion/a backache.
He complained about the service/the weather/the election.

She was disappointed by/with/in/about the poor turnout at her meeting.

I sacrificed my seat to the old lady.
I sacrificed my comfort for the old lady

Other members may have other opinions or other examples.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #3 (permalink) Sun May 13, 2007 11:41 am   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

Dear Mister Micawber
Thank you, I was satisfied with your answers
Assile
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #4 (permalink) Tue May 15, 2007 14:31 pm   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

i have the same question! Mister Micawber thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria22

which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #5 (permalink) Tue May 15, 2007 14:44 pm   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

And welcome to English-Test.net, Maria. I hope we are able to answer all of your questions to such satisfaction.

which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o' #6 (permalink) Tue May 15, 2007 15:01 pm   which one is correct: 'angry at' vs 'angry with s.o'

thanks a lot for help
i am very very glad!!!
Maria22

Question: How's work? | HAS or HAVE
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I need my answers checked. Help!Use of comma before "Which" and "When"Yours very sincerely (Do you often end your letters in this way?)Idiom in newsletterWhere should I put the word "still" in a sentence?quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'Reported speech!meaning of "in the top half"confusing namesI am getting lost in the context in 'Remember that lack of sexual confidence...Using Will and WouldWhat does 'Virginia Company in England' mean?Use English Future Tenses