moving back and forth; influence; control; authority
pass
category
principle
sway

quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'

I need my answers checked. Help! | Use of comma before "Which" and "When"
quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few' #1 (permalink) Thu May 17, 2007 8:08 am   quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'

hi guys!

when do i use 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'?

how about many and plenty? in what context do i use them?

thanks! :D
Bjay

Location: Phils

quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few' #2 (permalink) Fri May 18, 2007 6:46 am   quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'

.
'A few' and 'many' are used with countable nouns; 'a lot of' and 'plenty of' can be used with both countable and non-count nouns; and 'a little' is used with non-count nouns.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few' #3 (permalink) Fri May 18, 2007 6:49 am   quantifiers: 'a lot of', 'a little', and 'a few'

thanks for your help!

:D
Bjay

Location: Phils

What does this expression mean: 'make his engagement known'?difference between Verification and ValidationUse of Smashingdiffrence between 'he asked to come' and 'he asked me to come'meaning of "exerts influence"Expression "we would like"meaning of "Hasidic jewelers"Idiom: to drive like a little old ladyYours very sincerely (Do you often end your letters in this way?)Idiom in newsletterWhere should I put the word "still" in a sentence?Reported speech!meaning of "in the top half"