to send off quickly; to dismiss; to conclude with speed and efficiency; to eliminate
dispatch
appear
advise
number

What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

Push herself into VERSUS push itself into | Comparision is a non-countable noun, why it had "a" before it?
What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #1 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2007 10:49 am   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Reflexive Pronouns", question 6

He had watched birds fly by throwing ......... into the air.

(a) yourselves
(b) themselves
(c) ourselves

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Reflexive Pronouns", answer 6

He had watched birds fly by throwing themselves into the air.

Correct answer: (b) themselves
_________________________

what does 'themselves' point ? Is that 'birds'?

Boddy
Boddy

What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #2 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

.
Yes
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 13:31 pm   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

He threw the birds into the air?

What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #4 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 14:30 pm   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

.
No, the pronoun is reflexive. Please study that grammar word.
.
_________________

What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #5 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 15:07 pm   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

''He had watched birds fly by throwing themselves into the air.''Please write this sentence in other, equivalent words for my better understanding.

What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'? #6 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 15:09 pm   What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?

.
Did you study REFLEXIVE PRONOUNS?
.
_________________

Sentence: This term refers to subjects that are of importance...meaning of "bring over"Difference between "delivery person" and "mail carrier"'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correctwhat is tradesmen?Where did buck naked originate?Incidentally means 'by the way'?I saw him leave the house. vs I saw him leaving the house.What is Chris in fact?Expression "share the bill"What does mocha mean?'He goes to English classes' vs 'He goes for English classes'Why we use "-ing" form (cleaning) after the word "to"?