eject; drive out; banish
illustrate
expel
collaborate
protect

When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

Other vs. others | What is the difference between herb and grass?
When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #1 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2007 13:46 pm   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

ESL/EFL Test #76 "Anything, nothing, something, everything", question 9

My friend's decisions have ......... to do with me.

(a) nothing
(b) anything
(c) someone
(d) any

ESL/EFL Test #76 "Anything, nothing, something, everything", answer 9

My friend's decisions have nothing to do with me.

Correct answer: (a) nothing

_________________________

It's means "It is" i read

In this example,

Friend's means Friends / Friend is

when we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe.. ?

I appreciate your time and effort for making me Learn English...

Vara
Vara

When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #2 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2007 14:52 pm   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

In this case, "friend's" is not a contraction. It is the possessive form of "friend".

The phrase "My friend's decisions" literally means "The decisions of my friend".
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #3 (permalink) Wed Mar 18, 2009 18:17 pm   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

My friend's decisions have nothing to do with me.= My friend's decisions have nothing common with me???

When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #4 (permalink) Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 am   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

Hi Saneta

If someone or something has nothing to do with somebody or something, they are not in any way connected or involved in it:
My friend's decisions have nothing to do with me (I'm not the one responsible for my friend's decisions but HE is).
I don't want to have anything to do with it (I don't want to get involved in it or be any part of it).

To have something in common means to share the same qualities or features as someone else:
What we both have in common is that we are both learning English!

All the best
Ali
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #5 (permalink) Sun Dec 20, 2009 21:49 pm   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

I think I should correct the second example:
What we have in common is that we are both learning English. (using 'both' twice sounds redundant)
;)
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe? #6 (permalink) Mon Jul 12, 2010 18:13 pm   When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?

Dear Torsten,
Why cannot use 'anything' in this test?
With regard
Mitra
_________________
Peace&Love
Mitra584

Location: Iran

Expression "As clean as a whistle"What is the difference between 'assembly' and 'assembling'?Need help to understand this sentence properlyfood is called a(n) artificial sweetener.Do you walk or take the bus to work?give me a sentences with be to blameTeaching TAKE AFTERYou could not translate that new word into another languageThe identity of English, which were represented at the Titanic?Do you mind if I open the window?meaning of lavatorywhat does sight mean?where is the error!