verification of a person or thing; recognition
consumer
identification
metropolitan
ingredient

Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone

I need to practice the present perfect tense, How could you help me? | article for 'credit crisis'
Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:50 am   Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone

Hi teachers,

I know when we throw stone on glass, the glass will break.
But what does the above proveb exactly imply/mean?

Thanks in advance

Jupiter
Jupiter

Location: Cambodia

Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:43 am   Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone

Hi Jupiter,
The proverb means that you shouldn't insult, hurt, reprimand, criticize other people as they can do the same thing in return.

A.Look at what time it is... you are late again!"
B. "Hey, how often are you not on time? People who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
Pamela

Location: RF

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:08 am   Proveb: People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stone

Just some variations (not strictly synonymic though):

The pot calling the kettle black.
It takes one to know one.
It takes a thief to catch a thief.

Even more unstrictly:

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
It's as broad as its long.

Haihao
Haihao

Location: Japan

gun #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 05, 2008 22:01 pm   gun

Another variation i like:

Don't carry a gun if you're not willing to get shot.
Saturn

Capacitance changes as voltage changes. vs Capacitance changes with voltage.information of the structure "is used to"Plural of VersusUsage of whichever, however, no matter how, whateverdifference between burglerer and thiefArgument about the word dwindleDifferences between 'with a view to' and 'in view of'One vs He; He or She or Wegrammatical form "to except for"Should I keep on saying "Our Painter has painted excellently"turn dreams into "reality" or "realities"?"many" vs "much more"all vs all of