to make unnecessary; to prevent; to remove an obstacle in advance
temporize
hail
meander
obviate

TOEFLŪ essay: Characteristics of a good leader

TOEFLŪ essay: What events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult? | Some tips for TOEFLŪ test takers from a French MBA applicant
TOEFL essay: Characteristics of a good leader #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:08 am   TOEFL essay: Characteristics of a good leader

Characteristics of a good leader

When we work in a team, group, company or more, the leader takes a very important role. Although the task is equally contributed to every member in a group, it is the leader who orients and directs the process to its destination. In my opinion, a good leader is responsible, good-scheduling and impartial.

First of all, it is the leaders’ onus to make the group’s work come up to standard and satisfying. Therefore, they must handle with the task in a careful and conscientious way. If the process is not conducted well, it should be the leader who takes the blame for that and is in earnest to make amends for the wrongdoings. Whenever his group are in hot water, the leader should be present to give them advice and instructions. Seeing their leader attentive and dedicated to the task is an encouragement for the group to try their best to fulfill the work allocated.

In addition, good leaders need to have a rational plans, schedule along with task apportion. As a leader, he definitely knows which field each of his members is major in so as to allot them their suitable assignment. Moreover, to keep the progress go smooth and prevent unnecessary delay, it is advisable to plan distinctly and clearly. For example, when a group is working on a nature conservation, each member has to deal with the situation of the natural world this week, conservation and solution next week, and do the rehearsal five days before their presentation.

In terms of working atmosphere and group relationship, impartiality is a required characteristic of good leaders. If a leader is unfair, he will give different amount of task to his members, especially the members who are obsequious or in relation to him will be given superficial or less amount of task. That will cause a feeling of partial treating in the others.

It is common knowledge that a good leader is sensible, learned and talented. However, as he is lacking in good traces, his knowledge and talent will be nullified in his group. When working in a group, I believe that a leader with characteristics above will make our process come off.

TOEFL listening discussions: Two seminar classmates discussing their classwork
Proalyssa199

Location: Hcmc-vn

TOEFLŪ essay writting: Why people attend to collegeTOEFLŪ Essay: What is the most important animal in your country?TOEFLŪ essay: Are you in favor of legalising gay marriage?Taking the TOEFLŪ the day after tommorowTOEFLŪ questions: 'as same as' vs 'the same than' vs 'the same as' vs 'a same one'TOEFLŪ IBT (Will be topic repeated on same month?)TOEFLŪ essay sample: The reason for people go to college or universityTOEFLŪ essay samples: people may work for themselves, work for an employer...TOEFLŪ sample essay: advertising is negativeTOEFLŪ essay samples: Altruism or the act of selflessnessTOEFLŪ essay: Distance learning with a computer or traditional learning with...TOEFLŪ essay writing: Physical exercisesWhich one to go for: TOEFLŪ or IELTS?