to be sorry for; to feel remorse; to regret
entreat
forbear
rue
apprise

TOEFL® essay sample: The world leader you admire the most

TOEFL® topic essay: How is your opinion about “living forever”? | TOEFL® essay sample: Some people like to watch the news on television
TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 16, 2007 21:01 pm   TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most

The world leader I like the most is Gandhi The name "Gandhi" is synonymous with peace and non-violence. His epic struggle to bring together the people of India in their search for sovereignty is unparalleled. This great man's wisdom and foresight are compelling find it incredible that a freedom struggle can be conducted with non-violence. Gandhi espoused non-violence as a potent weapon to achieve fair and moral goals. This man was the epitome of simplicity. Right through the story of his life, to the circumstances of his death, the world watched this great soul with admiration Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.his famous quote While living in South Africa, he studied the works of many religions as well as the literary works of writers such as Tolstoy and Thoreau, which led him to forgo the pursuit of wealth for a life of self-improvement. It was also at that time that he began to experience discrimination and to react to it by organizing peaceful marches, community meetings and boycotts, which often led to his arrest. After returning to India, he created a highly successful system of nonviolent protest to win independence from the British. Using fasting, prayer and a stubborn resolve not to hate the British, his legacy has made a lasting impression on people all over the world. Gandhi believed that, "Hate is the subtlest form of violence. We cannot be really nonviolent and yet have hate in us." As Gandhi taught, we can be powerful and loving. We can speak our personal truth in a way that can spread enlighment.

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON MY ESSAY AS I AM GOING TO GIVE MY TOEFL EXAM IN AUG 2007?

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and an HR interviewer
Shai

TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:36 am   TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most

This is well written. Did you write it?

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 20, 2007 18:01 pm   TOEFL essay sample: The world leader you admire the most

Hello Alan,
Yes I have written this essay but I am reading Gandhi autobiography these days so it’s easy for me to write about him. I want to share that sometimes due to the time constraint in essays & speaking section, I am unable arrange my thought so well. Can you help me?
Shai

TOEFL® essay: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful in livesToefl® essay: Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends...TOEFL® essay: A universal language should replace all languagesTOEFL® prep: Which are the best prep guides for TOEFL® IBT?TOEFL® essay samples: The Independence of UzbekistanTOEFL® essay: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful?TOEFL® essay: Do you think it's better to get married before or after the age 30?TOEFL® essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance.TOEFL® Essay: All students should be required to study art and music in secondaryTOEFL® Essay: It is more important for students to study history and literature...TOEFL® Essay: In the future, students may have the choice of studying at home...Help me for my Toefl® IBT testTOEFL® essay writting: Why people attend to college