frequent customer; repeat customer
income
regular
component
limit

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

The wrath of God | A sense of humour
What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

I think that some people have dreams like these- prophetic dreams and something called premonition. Personally I have never had such a dream and never experienced a premonition but I think it's quite possible. There are, of course, some coincidences which make people belive these things may happen or just make them think about it more, so they are just oversensitive about this. What do you think about it ? :)
_________________
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 20, 2007 22:46 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

Hi michauek!

A premonition comes across me: this topic will be moved to the forum "What do you want to talk about?"! Just as it might be interesting to read the opinion of some more users.

But honestly, I myself think that normal people can have premonitions concerning their closer future as a result of experience of their past.

But there are, too, people like Michel Nostradamus who prophesied the future of humankind. Just the misfortune is that noone can give a trustworthy translation of Nostradamus? scripts. Might be better. What do you think?

Regards

Michael
_________________
"Ho ho!" said the clown
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #3 (permalink) Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:04 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

Generally I agree with you. I think that normal people can have premonition, but as I said before it seems to be very misterious and is not proved at all.

You mentioned Nostradamus. Many people have different opinions about his prophecies and it's still unknown are they true.

In my opinion, his prophecies are based generally on his experience and enormous knowledge.That's why he could simply predict some situations which may happen in the future (e.g. inflation ). He was also an astrologist, among other things, so his way of understanding the world was connected with logical thinking and based on premises and evidences, so his counlusions were rather results of knowledge rather than some supernatural power given to him.

Very interesting person I may say :)
_________________
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #4 (permalink) Sat Jul 21, 2007 14:25 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

Hi michauek,

I think people normally have instincts. Maybe actuaries can have premonitions :lol:

Nina
NinaZara

Location: Malaysia (Cat city)

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #5 (permalink) Sat Jul 21, 2007 20:11 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

NinaZara wrote:
Maybe actuaries can have premonitions :lol:

yea :D funny. I think that my lecturers have premonitions when I'm not prepared for my classes and they ask me to answer or explain smth :]
_________________
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #6 (permalink) Wed Aug 01, 2007 18:07 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

hi,
I think that especially women have instinct, something completely unknown for men :P
By the way, my friend had a prophetic dream concerning her exam from ancient history of something ( I don't remember the full name of her class). She dreamt that the teacher would ask only from a particular material and the dream came true. She got 4,5 and was praised for so good preparation, even though she has never finished all topics from that material. that's good luck
Hopeless_Girl

Location: Poland

What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)? #7 (permalink) Thu Aug 02, 2007 16:40 pm   What do you think about premonition and prophetic dreams :)?

Yea women and instinct? I don't wanna be supersitious, but there is a little bit true in it :D Even if you don't wanna belive in this women's premonition or so called instinct, there are many facts which confirm this matter, so where is the truth? ;D Maybe people from X-Files should do sth with it :)
_________________
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

The wrath of God | A sense of humour
Common U.S. Slang : What is the origin of "dude".Last week work pressure!James JoyceDo you think speaking is more useful than writing?'Au revoir' and 'ni hao'Dress for SuccessHave you got a BackwardsBush clock?Murdering Alexander LitvinenkoUploaded New Learn English Videos to TeacherTube and YouTubeI'm interested in 'graduate schools in the US'Functional EnglishHow patient are you?Do you like to imitate accents?