exacting; precise; pedantic; cautious concerning minute details
pensive
erratic
meticulous
tangible

TOEFL® essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance.

TOEFL® essay sample: Some people like to watch the news on television | TOEFL® essay: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful?
TOEFL essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance. #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 am   TOEFL essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance.

Topic: People should never jugde a person through the external appearance. Do you agree/disagree with the statement. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My writing:

The first time I saw Paris Hilton in a weekly magazine, I felt that she was such a lovely and nice girl. But in some days, after reading an articles which says that she ‘s been put into prison, I have had an impression about a naughty girl. And I wonder what is real in her personality? So I myself agree that people should never judge a person by his external appearance for a lot of reasons. In my opinion, judging others in this ways has many drawbacks: its inaccuracy, its unfair and a variety of its limits.
Most of us tend to look at one’s external appearance and draw a short conclusion on his character when we first get acquainted with him. But how many percentages are you sure that it is exact? As for me, external appearance hardly reflects all of our features with the most accuracy because people are extremely complex and it’s only a small part of people. Moreover, one can’t choose their external appearance, but their thoughts and their behavior. Also, it will be unfair to people who were born disabled like Mr Beethoven, a famous composer with his deafness or not beautiful.
Therefore, in order to judge a person exactly, it’s really important to us to spend longer time to getting along with him or her so that we can have deeply knowledge about his personality.
One more thing, judging others based on their external appearances also means that you lack of respect and admiration to them. As a regulation, you will be treated like that in return. Furthermore, external appearance differs from other to other, so we can’t set it as a main factor to draw a conclusion on a person. For example, there’re five kinds of color skins in the word: brown, yellow, red, black and white, if we judge people through this criteria, it’ll easily cause international racism and conflicts, more seriously, it can let to a war! Thus, most of us should avoid giving comments about others in this way.
Finally, since we’ve set for ourselves a bad impression about people who don’t have good external appearances, we’ll meet dificulties making friends with people like this. In other words, this way may lessen our chance to have new friends, which would make our life more interesting.
To sum up brieftly, only external appearance can’t make a person, even also bad appearence can’t prevent one from being such a nice person in one’s eyes. All people are born equal, regardless of our appearances. So, all of us should creat a balance between the external and the internal features when judging a person accurately.

TOEFL listening discussions: How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?
Jinnie

Location: Viet Nam

TOEFL essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance. #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:56 am   TOEFL essay: people should never judge a person through the external appearance.

The first time I saw Paris Hilton in a weekly magazine, I felt that she was such a lovely and nice girl. But in A FEW days, after reading an article which says that she ‘s been put into prison, I have had an impression about a naughty girl. And I wonder what is real in her personality? So I myself agree that people should never judge a person by his external appearance for a lot of reasons. In my opinion, judging others in this way has many drawbacks: its inaccuracy, its unfairNESS and THERE ARE a variety of its limitATIONS.
Most of us tend to look at SOMEone’s external appearance and draw a QUICK conclusion on his character when we first get acquainted with him. But how many percentages are you sure that it is exact? As for me, external appearance hardly reflects all of our features with the most accuracy because people are extremely complex and it’s only a small part of people. Moreover, one can’t choose ONE'S external appearance, but ONE'S thoughts and ONE'S behavior. Also, it will be unfair to people who were born disabled like Mr Beethoven, a famous composer with his deafness or not beautiful.
Therefore, in order to judge a person exactly, it’s really important FOR us to spend A longer time IN getting along with him or her so that we can have A deep knowledge about his personality.
One more thing, judging others based on their external appearances also means that you lack respect and admiration FOR them. As a RULE, you will be treated like that in return. Furthermore, external appearance differs from ONE PERSON to ANother, so we can’t set it as a main factor to draw a conclusion ABOUT a person. For example, there’re five kinds of color skins in the word: brown, yellow, red, black and white, if we judge people through thESE criteria, it’ll easily cause international racism and conflicts, more seriously, it can leAD to a war! Thus, most of us should avoid giving comments about others in this way.
Finally, since we’ve set for ourselves a bad impression about people who don’t have good external appearances, we’ll meet dificulties making friends with people like thESE. In other words, this way may lessen our chance to have new friends, which would make our life more interesting.
To sum up brieftly, only external appearance can’t make a person, even also A bad appearence can’t prevent one from being such a nice person in one’s eyes. All people are born equal, regardless of our appearances. So, all of us should creat a balance between the external and the internal features when judging a person accurately.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Toefl® essay: Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms...TOEFL® essay: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful in livesToefl® essay: Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends...TOEFL® essay: A universal language should replace all languagesTOEFL® prep: Which are the best prep guides for TOEFL® IBT?TOEFL® essay samples: The Independence of UzbekistanTOEFL® essay: When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck is nothing...TOEFL® essay: Do you think it's better to get married before or after the age 30?TOEFL® Essay: All students should be required to study art and music in secondaryTOEFL® Essay: It is more important for students to study history and literature...TOEFL® Essay: In the future, students may have the choice of studying at home...TOEFL® essay sample: The world leader you admire the mostHelp me for my Toefl® IBT test