guilty; dishonest
inalienable
least
fluent
fraudulent

Difference between "Equality" and "Equity"

Some or any | story writing
Difference between "Equality" and "Equity" #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:46 am   Difference between "Equality" and "Equity"

Could you please tell me the difference between:

Equality and Equity

I tried to consult some good dictionaries but could not understand the difference.

Difference between "Equality" and "Equity" #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:12 am   Difference between "Equality" and "Equity"

.
'Equity' has a business meaning, but otherwise it means 'The state, quality, or ideal of being just, impartial, and fair'.
'Equality' is the state, quality or ideal of being equal.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between "Equality" and "Equity" #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 am   Difference between "Equality" and "Equity"

Mister Micawber wrote:
.
.

Many thanks, MM

Could you please use these words in sentences?

See mine please.

1- He exercised great equity in his decision.
2- Can you show some equity in what you say?
3- There is no sense of equality and equity in this department.
4- The Holy Prophet emphasized equality among people.

Difference between "Equality" and "Equity" #4 (permalink) Fri Jul 27, 2007 23:58 pm   Difference between "Equality" and "Equity"

.
Yours are fine.
.
_________________

equity and equality #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 01, 2011 16:33 pm   equity and equality

equality means treating all individuals equally despite of their individual differences while equity means treating each individual according to their individual differences providing them according to their requirement.
for e.g you are giving 2 shoes to 12 individuals and u give size 5 to every 1 it is equality.
but some people might have big feets or smaller than size 5. if you give each individual the size which they need despite who gets big or small then it is equity.
Faiqa Dar

Some or any | story writing
pull downWhich one is correct?if coldifWhat exactly is a 'stuff meeting'?Go pop (go bust)?later in the programmeis not a littleis it correct?American English - The page should be shown to the user.indirect speechwhat is the expression?Future Tense?