fantasizing; visualizing
midmorning
imagining
election
location

"That being said" vs "Having said that"

a kind of a ~/ kind of a ~ | usage of the verb "prefer"
"That being said" vs "Having said that" #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 30, 2007 23:47 pm   "That being said" vs "Having said that"

Is there a difference? Is it better to use one rather than the other?
Fresh Reader

"That being said" vs "Having said that" #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:04 am   "That being said" vs "Having said that"

...
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"That being said" vs "Having said that" #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 31, 2007 20:59 pm   "That being said" vs "Having said that"

The meaning is practically the same suggesting something is accepted before the next point is mentioned. The use however needs some caution. That being said or mpre simply That said at the beginning of the sentence can be followed by any subject. If you start a sentence with: Having said that, you will then have to make sure that the following subject relates to the speaker of the expression.

_________________

Expression: the only time in my life I got so I dreamed about thingsform - anwar & azam khan ( a.k.a khan) auctionsExpression : ' She does nothing other than read her books.'Is it so with "Would you like a cup of coffee?"?got on bus/taxirarest of the big catsinfinitive usageIdiom: "Cut the grass"connection between words in a sentenceTwingo vs. twinge?Phrase: the common roseThanks vs. Thank youlyrics/ interpretation