to make a remark; to explain; to write an explanatory note
expel
attend
access
comment

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

For Pete's sake? | Relative clauses, are these examples correct?
disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:57 am   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

ESL/EFL Test #151 "Traveling Downunder: How can I immigrate to Australia?", question 1

Tourists who visit Australia without a visa will usually be ......... entry into the country.

(a) refused
(b) rejected
(c) revoked
(d) rebuked

ESL/EFL Test #151 "Traveling Downunder: How can I immigrate to Australia?", answer 1

Tourists who visit Australia without a visa will usually be refused entry into the country.

Correct answer: (a) refused
_________________________

Do you say "I am disspointed with him" or "I am disappointed in him"?

Siah Meng Heng
Siah Meng Heng

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:43 am   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

.
You can say either, Siah Meng Heng-- but be careful of your spelling.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

How to tell the difference between "refuse" and "reject"?

thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:59 pm   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

Here's an answer from an on-line dictionary, and for 2 more verbs as well:

Refuse, decline, reject, spurn all imply nonacceptance of something. To decline is milder and more courteous than to refuse, which is direct and often emphatic in expressing determination not to accept what is offered or proposed: to refuse a bribe; to decline an invitation. To reject is even more positive and definite than refuse : to reject a suitor. To spurn is to reject with scorn: to spurn a bribe.
_________________

What are the Marine Corps?Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What does apple cart mean?fruit