Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to make a remark; to explain; to write an explanatory note
expel
attend
access
comment
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
For Pete's sake? | Relative clauses, are these examples correct?
listening exercisestell a friend
disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:57 am   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #151 "Traveling Downunder: How can I immigrate to Australia?", question 1

Tourists who visit Australia without a visa will usually be ......... entry into the country.

(a) refused
(b) rejected
(c) revoked
(d) rebuked

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #151 "Traveling Downunder: How can I immigrate to Australia?", answer 1

Tourists who visit Australia without a visa will usually be refused entry into the country.

Correct answer: (a) refused

Do you say "I am disspointed with him" or "I am disappointed in him"?

Siah Meng Heng
Siah Meng Heng

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:43 am   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

You can say either, Siah Meng Heng-- but be careful of your spelling.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

How to tell the difference between "refuse" and "reject"?

thanks.

disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:59 pm   disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him

Here's an answer from an on-line dictionary, and for 2 more verbs as well:

Refuse, decline, reject, spurn all imply nonacceptance of something. To decline is milder and more courteous than to refuse, which is direct and often emphatic in expressing determination not to accept what is offered or proposed: to refuse a bribe; to decline an invitation. To reject is even more positive and definite than refuse : to reject a suitor. To spurn is to reject with scorn: to spurn a bribe.

For Pete's sake? | Relative clauses, are these examples correct?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What are the Marine Corps?Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What does apple cart mean?fruit