regular; ordinary; low-grade; poor
complete
express
mediocre
great

Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another

What does "bear" mean? | David withheld information during the criminal investigation
Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 am   Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another

ESL/EFL Test #268 "Eating Idioms", question 9

It's a dog eat dog environment -- means: It's an environment where ..........

(a) animals run wild
(b) everybody is very rude to one another
(c) everybody is very cruel to one another
(d) everyone is very competitive with one another

ESL/EFL Test #268 "Eating Idioms", answer 9

It's a dog eat dog environment -- means: It's an environment where everyone is very competitive with one another.

Correct answer: (d) everyone is very competitive with one another
_________________________

This idiom is similar to one in Chinese. But it's this a chiglish ( Chinese- English)? When I was choosing the answer, I stopped by (c) and (d), they are similar.

In what condition we can use it?

Rebecca
Rebecca

Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:25 am   Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another

A dog-eat-dog situation involves competitiveness, which, unfortunately, often brings out the worst in people, some of whom will do anything to reach their goals. So, yes, rudeness and cruelty can be part of it.

dog-eat-dog

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 am   Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another

dog-eat-dog (adj)= a situation in which people compete very hard and will do anything to be successful///a situation in business, politics, etc. where there is a lot of competition and people are willing to harm each other in order to succeed

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there.
It's dog-eat-dog in the television industry
We're operating in a dog-eat-dog world.

_________________

so I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outhis cows broke into the grain binCan you hold a moment?I couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesI know it's hard, but you have to stick with itMeaning of "you can count on me"What does household mean?difference between dither and distractwhy should be fly instead of flow?