Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

store which sells food and other household goods
session
merchandise
distributor
grocery
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of "rolling one's eyes"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Expression: "Can you fix me a cup of tea?" | "by ourself" vs "on our own"
listening exercisestell a friend
meaning of "rolling one's eyes" #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:35 am   meaning of "rolling one's eyes"

All of those might possibly be said while rolling your eyes about the other guy's seemingly endless and ridiculous worries.

Could you explain me the "rolling eyes"?

meaning of "rolling one's eyes" #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 am   meaning of "rolling one's eyes"

An expression of dismay or exasperation: actually or metaphorically moving one's eyes to follow along an imaginary line of vision through the extreme range of the eyeball on the periphery of vision above the horizontal, from right to left or left to right.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Expression: "Can you fix me a cup of tea?" | "by ourself" vs "on our own"
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
meaning of "one artist short"Phrasal verbs - turn out - turn off - switch offHow do the two sentences mean the same?Usage of prepositions In/At (They decided to get married in/at Rome)the meaning of "go stepping"English phrase "Can I help WHO's next?"Pharse 'recall in' (We recall in special times when we have stood briefly...)"waste much time" vs "waste lot of time"Phrase 'which pupil' (Which pupil speaks English the best?)today v.s. that dayinfinitive vs. gerund after "rather than"Usage of some time, sometimeRelative clauses - wrong use of what