cork; stopper; electrical connector; block; advertisement
lasting
ranches
plug
head

"on foot" vs "by foot"

searched or seeked | Meaning of this phrase: That is something you do not want to do
"on foot" vs "by foot" #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 22:20 pm   "on foot" vs "by foot"

Issues:
1. Both "on foot" and "by foot" are correct I think, while "on/by feet" isn't correct. Please confirm this issue.
2. Is there any difference betwen the use or meaning of "on foot" and "by foot"

Regards !!
Jon

"on foot" vs "by foot" #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:40 am   "on foot" vs "by foot"

.
1-- I hereby confirm your statement.
2-- I see none.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"on foot" vs "by foot" #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:04 am   "on foot" vs "by foot"

jon wrote:
The main difference I see is this:
'On foot' would be the more commonly used expression.
'By' is more commonly used to talk about a means of transport (i.e. train, car, boat, plane, etc).
.
_________________

"on foot" vs "by foot" #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 28, 2007 17:45 pm   "on foot" vs "by foot"

I have always heard "on foot" myself.
Druitaly

Two sentences, which is right? (After the Second World War, Australia began...)meaning of "Cartesian Maze"exports make its route/way "TO"vocabulary in use | high vs. greatDavid and I are the only ones left who are not married.Verb+to | We managed TO ... Get/Arrive TO the destinationWhich one is right? (there are two ls[or l's] in the word little)meaning of "put the word out on smbd."Very formal business mailExpression "Near of" (He was near of the bus stop)The more things change, the more they stay the sameon v.s. ontoExpression "largelidded eyes"