detailed account of an occurrence or situation
impulse
operation
report
stay

Expression: "Please see below"

Expression: "She was walking in bare feet." | Use of 'As Is' (..., choose a technique that allows you to measure it 'as is')
Expression: "Please see below" #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:48 am   Expression: "Please see below"

Do you find the following sentences correct and natural?

1- Please see below:
2- Please see up:

Expression: "Please see below" #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:00 am   Expression: "Please see below"

Hi Tom,

'Below' is fine but the opposite would be 'above'

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: "Please see below" #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2007 15:18 pm   Expression: "Please see below"

Hi Tom,

Thanks, Alan

So am I to understand that "see up" is odd or wrong? But why do we say "Look up"?

Expression: "Please see below" #4 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2007 15:42 pm   Expression: "Please see below"

Hi Tom,

I assumed that your 'see below' referred to looking at what is written on a page - see above (at the top of the page) see below (at the bottom of the page. Maybe you were thinking of something else. 'Look up' is something different again. It can mean 'Lift your head (and eyes) up' and it can also mean to find for example a word in a dictionary.

I suppose context is all.

_________________

Expression: "I get cracked feet in winter."The use of 'Sir': Capital 'S' or small?The use of "tell on"Expression: "Throughout the day at office..."Phrase: "Catch up with the watchrooms.""Went to war" vs "Went to a war"My boss ... a salary increase. He ... the announcement this morningThe use of commas in formal (informal) lettersUsage of expressions: hold up; chew throughusage of "lack", "lacking"Phrase: "The early mornings"Expression: "Let's go a lot of shopping."Expression: "Pass it down."