offensive and hostile attitude; attack; forceful behavior
platitude
deference
longevity
aggression

TOEFLŪ essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work

TOEFLŪ essay: Food has become easier to prepare | TOEFLŪ essay samples: Why is music important to many people?
TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 02, 2007 14:52 pm   TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work

In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.

What are your opinions on this?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

In many countries including my country children are engaged in some kind of paid work. I agree with that statement that it is valuable work experience based on my personal observation and personal experience. As long as the paid work is not interfering with the studies of the child, it should be encouraged by the elders and by the teachers because in my point of view by doing this it makes a child get valuable work experience which can help him/her cooping in almost all the complicated and new environments, furthermore it will build self confidence in the youngster to make decisions where generally youngsters feel anxious and often feel abundant.
Paid work helps in achieving the sense of being responsible and can help in making a child responsible. Paid work not only gives exposure to new tentative environments but also provides a major source of money, which can enhance the sense of becoming stronger and not asking parents for their small needs. One major thing that I like to advocate is the routine of becoming hard worker increases in youngsters from my personal experience for example when I joined my university, in my first three semester which were considered very easy I had a CGPA of 3.02 and after my third semester when I did a job in call center, I was able to get a GPA of 3.73, although fourth semester was considered tough.
So I will support the idea that youngsters should get into the habit of working into some working place as long as the youngster is able to justify both, his studies and work, because with a little pain the young brain will be able to cultivate his brain for a better future.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss an experiment with dummies?
CSharp

TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 18:33 pm   TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work

hi,

i think the question says children not youngster. i think children means someone below 12 years.
Nita

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 05, 2007 18:57 pm   TOEFL essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work

hmmm that's a point to ponder, anyways I have TOEFL tomorrow pray for me :)
CSharp

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Capital punishmentTOEFLŪ essay: Some people believe the computer revolution has been only...ToeflŪ essay: Some people say that the internet provides people with a lot of...TOEFLŪ essay: Improvement in health, education and trade are essential for the...ToeflŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: Television has destroyed relation between family and friendsTOEFLŪ essay: People work because they need money to liveTOEFLŪ essay: Face-to-face communication is better then other types of...Hi friends, I need help! (TOEFLŪ test on september 2007)Will 108 TOEFLŪ score get me into a good college?TOEFLŪ essay: sometimes an event that seems to be going badly turns...TOEFLŪ Essay: Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for...TOEFLŪ preparation through essays writing