incapable of interpretation or understanding; impenetrable; mysterious
inscrutable
gluttonous
rudimentary
resilient

TOEFLŪ Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Watching a movie in theater is better or watching at home? | The famous person from history I would like to meet.
TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 07, 2007 16:42 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Hi. Evaluate my essay please. Thanks.

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

In some university and colleges, students are asked to attend to the classes for determined hours of the course. Mostly 75 percent of the class hours for the whole semester is mandatory to attend for students. In contrast, in some other university and colleges, it depends on the students preference to attend classes. I think, university and college students should be required to attend to the classes for an efficent and adequate education while it offers many virtues.

First, to learn subjects from teachers and to ask the unclear and vague points are very important for common education. Information which is given by the teacher is more reliable and students who attend the classes benefit the advantage of asking the lecturer about the unclear and difficult points.

Second, students can improve their perception about the topics and subjects by participating to the course related discussions in the classroom. Going to the classes brings the advantage of reinforcing and synthesing the knowledge learnt from the lesson with the unique ideas of other students in the classroom. Thus, students who attend the classes regularly are more likely to have a wider understanding of the topic than those who prefer to study the course remote from the class, therefore school.

Furthermore, it is waste of resources for both the school and nation when students do not tend to go to the school and classes because the tools and materials attained for their education are now not used and they idle. Therefore, it means that taxes and government spendings are not used in an appropriate way.

In sum, attending to class is necessary for the effective learning by giving students the opportunity to ask the vague and difficult parts of the course and improving the conception of the students about the topics and the course.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?
Vuralorion

hi, I'm a new member and this is my essay #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:35 am   hi, I'm a new member and this is my essay

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer

in my opinion, this is students's duty. There are more 1000 university and colleges in USA and there are more 1.000.000 university and colleges in the world. If you don't attend classes, you can't receive enough knowledge from teacher . If you say that practise is better than for students. This is not right, students can combine practise and theory, if you learn but you don't practise, this is unpractical theory. However, you 've just practise and don't learn new knowledge and theory, you''ll break down. Learning in classes help students to develop manything since that time students can improve their knowledge and this is basic thing for them to practise. However, some students can see that.They can see that: The discussion can improve their contact with other people, the topics can develop their problem what they didn't know in the past ,they can ask teacher any information beacuse the teacher will explain what thing they are unclear and difficult point. They talk to friend about their experience that they spent. As the result, students can be confident in the life when they leave university or colleges. But it depend on students's behaviour and virtue. If student enjoy combine learning and prasticing.It's great! they'll success and beside that is method of teaching of teacher.Of course, Each of teacher have different method and they're almost realiable.It's waste time to go to university if students not want to study.So i just say that:Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes, I agree with this idea.
Gonblack

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 09, 2007 0:59 am   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Hi. Evaluate my essay please. Thanks.

In some university and colleges, students are asked to attend classes TO determinE hours of the course. (Mostly) OR -75 percent of the class hours IN A semester ARE mandatory. CONVERSLEY, in some other universitIES and colleges, it depends on the students preference to attend classes. I BELIEVE/THINK, university and college students should be required to attend classes TO OBTAIN efficent and adequate education while it offers many virtues.

First, to learn subjects from teachers and to ask ABOUT unclear and vague points are very important for common education. Information given by the teacher is more reliable and students who attend the classes benefit the advantage of asking the lecturer about the unclear and difficult points.

Second, students can improve their perception about the topics and subjects by participating IN course related discussions HELD in the classroom. Going to classes brings the advantage of reinforcing and synthesing (-?) the knowledge learnED from the lesson with other students' UNIQUE IDEAS in the classroom. Thus, students who attend classes regularly are more likely to have a wider understanding of the topic than those who prefer to study the course remote from the class.

Furthermore, it is A waste of resources for both the school and THE nation when students do not tend to go to school and classes because the tools and materials attained for their education are now not used and they idle. Therefore, it means that taxes and government spendings are not used in an EFFICIENT way.

TO sum UP, attending A class is necessary for the effective learning by giving students the opportunity to ask the vague and difficult parts of the course and improving the conception (or COMPREHENSION) of the students about the topics and the course.

I did the changes on your essay. First of all, I think your writing essentialy is at a high level. your language is rich yet simple, and your clear about your points. only small things such as: no "the" before classes, unless you talk about a specific class. there's a word i didn't understand - synthesing?. 4th pharagraph "furthermore" - the second sentence is too long, and not clear; break it to shorter sentences.
sorry if i sound harsh, but i wanted to help as much as i can. again - LOVE your writing. keep up the good work and keep in touch...
Yifat

TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #4 (permalink) Tue Oct 09, 2007 16:47 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Thanks for corrections. I will regard your advice when writing essays :)
Vuralorion

TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #5 (permalink) Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:18 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Hello, please grade my essay.
Thanks in advance! Sham.

Nowadays due to the technology students have different option to attend classes, some attends from home and others from different other places through internet. From my point of view I think students should attend classes to gain an extra knowledge, cooperate with teachers and other students and of course by attending classes students can practice their responsibilities and discipline in every day work and study.
While attending classes students gain an extra knowledge, because many teachers who explain a subject or give a lecture are always share they own experience. For example when teachers give a lecture it is not only from one book, they might have read other books as well to give us more details on it. Second example is, I am learning English language and I think to attend English classes will allow me to learn more, because the teacher will help me to better explore the language.
Moreover, when we attend classes we are in more close relationship with the teacher or other students. While cooperating with teacher and other students we learn more from each other, we share more and we exchange our knowledge with other students. Thus, this experience will teach us how to cooperate with people in future with our colleagues or partners.
In addition, by attending the classes we can practice our responsibilities and discipline by doing everyday work and study. For instance, when we have a habit to attend classes and do our every day homework before going to class, going to school on time and attend meetings will allow us to be responsible. Also, in school we face lot of challenges and problems, by solving the problem we achieve success in our study which will guaranty us a good job In the future.
In conclusion, I am convinced that attending classes at the university is very important for the students. It will help student to achieve success and help students to learn more how to work with others and how to be more responsible in their future lives.
Shamsiya

TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #6 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:32 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Please, evaluate my essay. Thanks in advance!

Attending classes might seem useful or useless and some people might agree that it should be optional for students. I think, university and college students should be required to attend classes.

First of all attending classes give you a chance to communicate with a teacher. It might seem not that valuable to some students but to my mind it is the most important part of education process. While being on a lecture you have a chance not only to listen to a lecturer but also to ask questions, to communicate. Effective learning is hardly possible without communication with a teacher.

Secondly attending classes gives you a possibility to communicate with other students. Communication with others is very important as it make you arrange your ideas better and be able to reach a condensus with others. It also provide you with some emotional backgroud that make it easer to absorb new information.

To sum up I think it is better for students if attending classes is required. Attending classes provide students with possibility to communicate with teacher and other students which is very important and useful in the meaning of studies.
IZoia

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #7 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:45 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Hey my friends, you must establish new thread to be given professor's comment
_________________
No pain, No gain !
Kaka193

Location: Viet Nam

TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required #8 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 19:17 pm   TOEFL Essay: Some people believe that university students should be required

Ok, thanks!
IZoia

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Thank you, Kitos!essaysPlan your free timeNegative effects of illiteracyA/D:with the help of thechnology, students can quickly learn more informationPlease grade my essay, any feedback welcome ;)Young people should take several different kinds of jobIt is often not a good thing to move to a new city or a new country because of thAdverstising can tall you great deal deal about the country.Newspapers and magazines are the best way of learning about a foreign countryIs it important for families to have their meals together regularlyPeople should be allowed to use cell phones on public transportationIntegrated Essay