impartial; equitable
final
exclusive
gifted
unbiased

Free online practice for the TOEICŪ writing test

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
TOEICŪ question: Objectivity vs. Subjectivity | TOEICŪ vs. LCCI
Free online practice for the TOEIC writing test #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 am   Free online practice for the TOEIC writing test

We've just created a free TOEIC writing test over on our site, and we'd love for people to come and try it out. It is completely free - of course. As with our free TOEFL tests online, we try to give everyone an idea of score and some feedback to help make improvements.

onlinenglish.net/TOEIC.html

There are no catches here or commercial motives. The test is free and will remain so indefinitely. The way we see it, we learn as much from interacting with test takers as they do. We've also got direct links there to other ETS-produced sample tests, and there are plans to get a free speaking test up soon as well.

So drop by and pay us a visit. We'll be glad to try and help you out.

Best,

Jason
EnglishRaven

Location: Melbourne Australia

Free online practice for the TOEIC writing test #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 17, 2007 21:57 pm   Free online practice for the TOEIC writing test

Hi Jason,

What do you mean by "Japan" or "Korea version"? As far as I know there is only one version of the TOEIC -- the international one. After all, TOEIC stands for "Test Of English for International Communication" so why create Japanese or Korean versions of the test? Also, does ETS know that you are displaying their materials on your website?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A busy street scene

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
'Korea' vs 'Japan' version of TOEIC speaking and writing tests #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 27, 2007 20:39 pm   'Korea' vs 'Japan' version of TOEIC speaking and writing tests

Hi Torsten,

Sorry about the delay in responding - we've been making a lot of upgrades to our site of late and it's kept me buried!

Sorry also for any confusion caused by referring to Korea versus Japan versions of the practice TOEIC speaking and writing materials. The tests are of course the same and refer to a standardized international version. We mention and link to two different versions of the same test because they are located on servers in Korea and Japan respectively (hence will probably get quicker/better upload for people in or close to those places), but also because the actual 'format' is slightly different for each sample. The Japan version, for example, includes instructions and tips in Japanese, whereas the Korean version is fully in English (though earlier it featured Korean instructions as per the Japanese example). The presentation is also slightly different - but as you point out should be the case, the actual content is very much identical.

We featured direct links to these sample tests because they were extremely hard to dig up if you didn't know exactly where to go and didn't have Korean or Japanese at your disposal.

Hope that clears up any confusion there.

Best regards,

Jason Renshaw
EnglishRaven

Location: Melbourne Australia

ETS versus OnlinEnglish TOEIC test samples #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 27, 2007 20:47 pm   ETS versus OnlinEnglish TOEIC test samples

Just one other addition here for Torsten's inquiry...

We haven't copied or featured ETS materials as our own. We have created links to their free online sample tests (as hard to find as they can be, buried in sites from their various partner organizations) and clearly marked these links as such. We are certainly not passing these test samples off as our own.

We have, however, also created our own version of a TOEIC writing test based on some careful research of existing ETS samples and test specifications, and clearly stated who wrote it and that it is not verified or approved or endorsed by ETS. It is this version that allows people to submit tasks for feedback through our site (though to be honest we've been swamped so far by people wanting free scores and feedback, given we only have a few professionals on hand to check and grade the work).

Once we can try to get a handle on the backlog of submissions already in, we're going to load up our own version of the TOEIC speaking test. It's already written and ready to go - just a matter of time and resources at this point.

Cheers,

Jason
EnglishRaven

Location: Melbourne Australia

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
Thesis on the correlation of TOEICŪ performance and teaching competencyTOEICŪ Preparation - Chat with Administrators.Open door on the TOEICŪother topic regarding ESL/ELT teachersRecommend TOEICŪ test prep books which also cover the new speaking/writingHow can I certify my TOEICŪ score without the sheet?Share your ideas, if you find TOEICŪ better or easier than TOEFLŪ iBT and IELTSPreparing for the TOEICŪ? We have improved!Questions about new TOEICŪ...TOEICŪ test help me: the structure of the TOEICŪ examBarron's book to prepare for the TOEICŪTOEICŪ Information, preparation and training. Learning and earning opportunitiesHow much TOEICŪ score is enough?