gift; offering; something that is given to another person without compensation
present
postage
stall
fraud

get hold of yourself vs. pull yourself together

Has any one tried using word list on cell phones? | Usage of since
get hold of yourself vs. pull yourself together #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 02, 2007 15:09 pm   get hold of yourself vs. pull yourself together

Hi everyone
How close are these two expressions are can they be used instead of each other:
Pull yourself together and get hold of yourself
when we want to tell someone to control himself;not to get angry;to behave himself not to lose his head
Lilish

Location: Tehran

get hold of yourself vs. pull yourself together #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 02, 2007 16:10 pm   get hold of yourself vs. pull yourself together

'Pull yourself together/get hold of yourself/get a grip (on yourself)' are indeed interchangeable as they all mean 'control your emotions' or 'calm down'.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Expression: "Have anyone of you read this story before?"what is the correct pronunciation of behind?Should I say my eyes are sore or ache?All the seating accomodation is reserved, i am glad to say.Expression: "The mother was blowing kisses to the child."The meaning and use of "per se"Is it a complete sentence? "As you may know..."I will go to school at 6 o'clock tomorrow.Sentence to solve: I'm afraid the film (start) before we get to the cinema.verb, noun or adjective?which form is more appropriate? Direct/indirect questionsGrammar ok? (He has to sleep before eleven o’clock, etc.)"fill in" vs "fill out"