Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

device which is used to slow or stop a vehicle
capacity
brake
store
dealing
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what does "lost" mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Isn't a rip-off something too expensive for its real value? | Idiom: 'sweep under the carpet'
listening exercisestell a friend
what does "lost" mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:11 am   what does "lost" mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #273 "When do you say this?", question 8

I say "They lost" when I tell someone the ..........

(a) truth
(b) answer
(c) result

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #273 "When do you say this?", answer 8

I say "They lost" when I tell someone the result.

Correct answer: (c) result

lost in this text? what does this mean?

Kothow
Kothow

what does "lost" mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:48 am   what does "lost" mean?

Failed to win.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
what does "lost" mean? #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:17 am   what does "lost" mean?

That answer does not explain anything
Benayo

what does "lost" mean? #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:24 am   what does "lost" mean?

Then what is it that you need explained to you, Benayo? If you have further questions, there is no need to be rude. We are happy to answer if you ask.

what does "lost" mean? #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 am   what does "lost" mean?

hahahahahaha,Sorry.I did'nt mean to be rude.How or when can I use the expression''they lost''
Benayo

what does "lost" mean? #6 (permalink) Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 am   what does "lost" mean?

'They lost' is usually used in conversation about sports or other competitive fields. It is one possible answer to a question such as 'Did the New York Yankees win or lose today?'

Isn't a rip-off something too expensive for its real value? | Idiom: 'sweep under the carpet'
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/elem-223, User's Answer 4What is the meaning of 'chomping at the bit'?Crack my eyes openPrepositionsTest incompl/advan-864, Question 3shall be submitted vs. shall be submittingHow does one o'clock sound?A fool at 40 is a fool forever?Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?Test incompl/inter-315, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5pronounced vs pronouncingto or through?