Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

blunder; fault; error
mistake
momentum
institute
retirement
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

duffel bag or duffle bag?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
remember having talked with him before vs. remember talking with him before | what is the difference between 'delayed', 'postpone', and 'put off'?
listening exercisestell a friend
duffel bag or duffle bag? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 12, 2007 15:52 pm   duffel bag or duffle bag?

Hi,

Which spelling do you prefer -- duffle bag or duffel bag? Also, how often do you use the word and do you own a duffel bag?

Thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: Smoke stacks
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

duffel bag or duffle bag? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:05 am   duffel bag or duffle bag?

Nowadays, more folks use backpacks or suitcases, leaving the duffel/duffle bags to soldiers and boy scouts. I, however, usually travel with one. Never having-- to my knowledge-- written it, I had to look up the two spellings, and will now be sure to use the more authentic 'duffel'. (And I notice at the moment that my spell-checker is rejecting the other spelling above.)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
remember having talked with him before vs. remember talking with him before | what is the difference between 'delayed', 'postpone', and 'put off'?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
GREŽ word unbridledprior versus former and ex-the usage of the word pop as a verbdifference between "to cast" and "to throw"'I wanted for you to see it' vs 'I wanted you to see it'phrase "to sit by oneself"The record was to be played on a Saturday morning to a group of sales people.Usage of prepositions: in, of, with, aboutthe simple present vs. the present progressiveWhich is more correct? (who become determined to conceal a crucial evidence...)former vs. exSentences correct? Interrogative pronoun, personal pronoun, intensive pronoun...usage of any other?