blunder; fault; error
mistake
momentum
institute
retirement

duffel bag or duffle bag?

remember having talked with him before vs. remember talking with him before | what is the difference between 'delayed', 'postpone', and 'put off'?
duffel bag or duffle bag? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 12, 2007 15:52 pm   duffel bag or duffle bag?

Which spelling do you prefer -- duffle bag or duffel bag? Also, how often do you use the word and do you own a duffel bag?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Smoke stacks

duffel bag or duffle bag? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:05 am   duffel bag or duffle bag?

.
Nowadays, more folks use backpacks or suitcases, leaving the duffel/duffle bags to soldiers and boy scouts. I, however, usually travel with one. Never having-- to my knowledge-- written it, I had to look up the two spellings, and will now be sure to use the more authentic 'duffel'. (And I notice at the moment that my spell-checker is rejecting the other spelling above.)
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
GREŽ word unbridledprior versus former and ex-the usage of the word pop as a verbdifference between "to cast" and "to throw"'I wanted for you to see it' vs 'I wanted you to see it'phrase "to sit by oneself"The record was to be played on a Saturday morning to a group of sales people.Usage of prepositions: in, of, with, aboutthe simple present vs. the present progressiveWhich is more correct? (who become determined to conceal a crucial evidence...)former vs. exSentences correct? Interrogative pronoun, personal pronoun, intensive pronoun...usage of any other?