relating to supervision and responsibility
digital
rival
lucrative
managerial

Meaning of 'doubled'

changed vs. modified | Frightened vs. fearful
Meaning of 'doubled' #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 22, 2005 13:54 pm   Meaning of 'doubled'

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", question 6

If you had bought a house about thirty years ago you would certainly find that it had considerably ......... in value.

(a) increased
(b) heightened
(c) developed
(d) doubled

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", answer 6

If you had bought a house about thirty years ago you would certainly find that it had considerably increased in value.

Correct answer: (a) increased

If you had bought a house about thirty years ago you would certainly find that it had considerably doubled in value.
_________________________

What does the sentence mean when you use the word "double"
jorien

Meaning of 'doubled' #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 22, 2005 20:45 pm   Meaning of 'doubled'

This means twice as valuable but you cannot qualify this with considerably.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of 'doubled' #3 (permalink) Mon Apr 08, 2013 20:48 pm   Meaning of 'doubled'

But grammatically it can be considered there are two correct answers: " Increased" and " doubled ".

Because it is imaginable that its value doubled. It is true, that " increased " is really a wider concept, but it includes "doubled".
_________________

critics often say that it was a flop at the box officePhotojournalism is a branch of journalismСайты "П&#10Сайты "П&#10Сайты "П&#10Сайты "П&#10An editorial is an opinion column that states the opinion of the editorMeaning of "early departure"?Expression: keeping up with the JonesesResign versus quitAdvantage vs. profitWhat is exhausted?Difference between pieces and parts