hope; anticipation; assumption
drop
disease
expectancy
apparatus

What is the meaning of aftermath?

What does "losing her skills" mean? | a lot of hot air = powerful words?
What is the meaning of aftermath? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 30, 2007 19:01 pm   What is the meaning of aftermath?

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: aftermath, afterthought, afterbirth", question 2

In the ......... of World War I the political, cultural, and social order of the world was drastically changed in many places, even outside the areas directly involved in the war.

(a) afterwards
(b) afterbirth
(c) afternoon
(d) aftermath

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: aftermath, afterthought, afterbirth", answer 2

In the aftermath of World War I the political, cultural, and social order of the world was drastically changed in many places, even outside the areas directly involved in the war.

Correct answer: (d) aftermath
_________________________

what is the meaning of aftermath?

Ronda
Ronda

What is the meaning of aftermath? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:12 pm   What is the meaning of aftermath?

The aftermath is what takes place after a catastrophe.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
difference between attackers and destroyerswhat is the difference between back and head?meaning of togetheris this a collocation?what is a minimum price for which a certain designated stock may be initially...what is genre?where we have to use the words hit and beat?Patriotism vs oathPhrase: Who is in charge of negotiations?What is the difference between spanks and pounds?Idiom: "hot potato"meaning of reliableWhat does leopard mean?