place used by planes for takeoff and landing
inventory
event
airport
cost

Have you had your dinner?

secure; trusted to do this right; discreet | identify vs. recognize, tee, understand
Have you had your dinner? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 03, 2007 13:19 pm   Have you had your dinner?

Have you had dinner?
Have you had dinner already/yet?

if already and yet here redundant?
_________________
Try to change youself before you try to change others.
Aleaf

Have you had your dinner? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:54 am   Have you had your dinner?

"Have you had your dinner already?"
This is something we say when we know that someone has had his dinner and we are surprised by it.

"Have you had your dinner yet?"
We're not sure he has had dinner, but we assume he's going to eat it at some point.

"Have you had dinner?"
We're not sure he has had dinner, and we're not sure if he plans to eat it. This gives almost the same feeling as the one with "yet".

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Bare Infinitiveways of saying "a computer froze up"past tense and present perfectExpression: "In my continuation of the story..."as much a sign ... asScottish: 'Mr Jones? Fit? Aye, aye... Noo, I ken he wis askin' fer a pucklie...phrase "What goes around comes around"idioms 'to be fed up of' or 'out of your depth'idiom: put one's mind toCould I say 'take the stiches out'?using remedy instead of fixing?'s vs of (The scenery of the village vs. The village's scenery)What does it mean? (once every few days and only during the daylight every...)