Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

place used by planes for takeoff and landing
inventory
event
airport
cost
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Have you had your dinner?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
secure; trusted to do this right; discreet | identify vs. recognize, tee, understand
listening exercisestell a friend
Have you had your dinner? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 03, 2007 13:19 pm   Have you had your dinner?

Have you had dinner?
Have you had dinner already/yet?

if already and yet here redundant?

Have you had your dinner? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:54 am   Have you had your dinner?

"Have you had your dinner already?"
This is something we say when we know that someone has had his dinner and we are surprised by it.

"Have you had your dinner yet?"
We're not sure he has had dinner, but we assume he's going to eat it at some point.

"Have you had dinner?"
We're not sure he has had dinner, and we're not sure if he plans to eat it. This gives almost the same feeling as the one with "yet".
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
secure; trusted to do this right; discreet | identify vs. recognize, tee, understand
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Bare Infinitiveways of saying "a computer froze up"past tense and present perfectExpression: "In my continuation of the story..."as much a sign ... asScottish: 'Mr Jones? Fit? Aye, aye... Noo, I ken he wis askin' fer a pucklie...phrase "What goes around comes around"idioms 'to be fed up of' or 'out of your depth'idiom: put one's mind toCould I say 'take the stiches out'?using remedy instead of fixing?'s vs of (The scenery of the village vs. The village's scenery)What does it mean? (once every few days and only during the daylight every...)