to travel to unknown regions; to investigate; to examine; to research
revere
finance
explore
draw

What does "dispute" mean?

A humorist writes funny stories, but how about poems? | what does agriculture mean?
What does "dispute" mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:28 am   What does "dispute" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #408 "Water Idioms", question 3

Every time we came up with a new proposal, he would throw cold water on it -- means: ..........

(a) discourage it
(b) dispute it
(c) destroy it
(d) dislike it

ESL/EFL Test #408 "Water Idioms", answer 3

Every time we came up with a new proposal, he would throw cold water on it -- means: discourage it.

Correct answer: (a) discourage it
_________________________

What does "dispute" means?

Leonhardt
Leonhardt

What does "dispute" mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 am   What does "dispute" mean?

The verb "dispute" means to argue or debate something. You can find this information in any dictionary. By the way, your question should read "What does dispute mean?"

TOEIC listening, photographs: Unpacking boxes

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
English verb "led"usage 'boat' instead of 'ship'phrasal verbs in Englishwhat is the difference between outcast and isolated?what's is the meaning of exaggerated?'The fire was caused' vs 'The fire were caused'Is there a formal way to say: pull your socks up?'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'What is a turning point story?meaning of the final disasterdifference between attackers and destroyerswhat is the difference between back and head?meaning of together